Ch.12

"So where are you from?" I asked Sasha as we sat on my balcony, still wrapped up in sheets and blankets.
"California."
"You left California to come to Rock City Kansas? That's crazy, I don't think I would ever be able to do that." I smiled at the chuckle I brought from Sasha. She ran a hand thru her curly hair and adjusted herself closer to me. The small gesture made me happy.
"Eh, you're probably right but it's so much cheaper here."
"Why'd you move?" I asked, extremely curious about the beautiful woman sitting next to me. I watched the way she slowly started getting flustered. Her cheeks turned a dark shade of red and so did her neck.
"I thought I was in love. Came here and got my heart broken. I guess I never really got around to going back home to live with the memories." Her blue eyes looked over the balcony at the clouds in the sky with a distant look on her face. It looked like whoever broke her heart did more than just break her heart. She glanced at me with a gentle smile.
"So the guy at the club..."
"Ugh, Lawrence. My ex. He's not important." I rolled my eyes and disregarded every thought about him.
"Oh I wasn't threatened. Just curious." She smirked, stretched her arms and legs out and then stole my attention with the way she was looking at me. Something about the way Sasha carried herself really made her so much more attractive to me.
Images of our bodies rubbing together last night made my skin burn. I squirmed and pulled the blanket tighter around my body.
"I wish I could stay a little longer, I really like being around you."
"But?" I asked sadly because I really wanted her to stay too.
"But I have to get home and ready for my day at the clinic. Plus I have to let my poodle outside." Sasha's eyes were genuine. I didn't feel like she was lying. "But you can always text me." She added with a grin.
When I walked Sasha to the door, I didn't expect her to grab my face lightly and press our lips together. She let her hands roam in my hair and up my neck as she deepened the kiss which drove me crazy. Sasha knew how to make me want her. She knew how to make sure I wouldn't be able to think about anything but her in her absence. As she opened the door, she smiled and ran a finger under my chin.
"See you later, beautiful."