Ch.19

Sasha let me hold her for hours while she cried. Holding her was the only way I knew how to comfort her because I didn't have the words to explain how sorry I was. Even without her saying it, I knew her heart was broken.
I was wrapped inside of Sasha's blanket with her bare legs snaked around my body. Her sniffles were all I could hear besides Midnight and Jasmine's snores. I thought she fell asleep until I felt her kiss the side of my jaw softly.
"Thank you for coming over. I really appreciate it." Hearing her whispers filled my stomach with butterflies. I didn't want her to say thank you but I nodded my head in the dark anyway.
"You can call me whenever you need...this." I squeezed her tight and kissed her forehead. This was the first time ever letting myself get this intimate with anyone and I was glad it was with Sasha. She hummed and I'm sure she fell asleep because that was the last of our conversation.
I stayed up the rest of the night rubbing circles on Sasha's arm. As bad as it was with her losing her grandma, I loved being here for her. I loved having her in my arms and sleeping on my chest more than anything else.
By the time I fell asleep, thoughts of what it would be like to date her crossed my mind. Would it be like this? Would it feel secure and comfortable when I needed her like she needed me? Would she fall for me as hard as I was falling for her?

******
Sasha woke me up with kisses sprinkled across my cheeks. The glow on her face made me smile away my sleepiness. She grinned when I finally sat up and rubbed my eyes clean.
"Good morning beautiful."
"Good morning." I blushed and stretched my legs out. Sasha watched me with a gentle smile. Her smile was so pretty it gave me butterflies.
"I wish I was waking you up to breakfast but all I have here is fruit."
"That's fine, did you sleep well?" I wiped at my eyes again. Sasha nodded her head eagerly.
"Best I've slept in a while...what about you?"
"I slept good too." I followed Sasha to her master bathroom with my eyes. Both Midnight and Jasmine were on her heels as soon as she got off the bed.
After Sasha and I brushed our teeth and made up the bed, we went downstairs to the kitchen. I sat at the marble island and watched her cut up a melon and skin a mango in her boy shorts. Up until now I didn't realize she still didn't have on any clothes.
We ate a full bowl of fruit, drunk orange juice and sat in the living room until my curiosity got the best of me.
"So is this how you start your mornings?" I asked and watched the corner of her lips turn up into a smile. Sasha nodded.
"Sorry if it's boring." She said as she watched Midnight harass Jasmine.
"No, I just always wonder what you're doing when we're not talking."
"Obsessing over my dogs mostly. Sunday's are my favorite because that's the only day of the week that I can just relax." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Which reminds me..."
"Sasha you don't have to be shy around me anymore." I grabbed her and pulled her closer. She smiled and nodded her head.
"Okay, I wanted to know if you wanted to have a lazy day with me."
"Aww, I'll always want to have a lazy day with you. You don't even have to ask."
And that's exactly what we did. The rest of the morning and afternoon, we laid in her oversized bed and watched more than one series of anime. Neither of us focused on our phones and that was my favorite. We cuddled with our legs tangled in one another's and caressed each other. The smile on her face was genuine enough to make me feel like my feelings towards her weren't one sided. Maybe I was falling for her, a stripper, and she was falling for me, an awkward social worker...