Ch.17

A week passed since Sasha and I went on our date and every day that passed, she sent me really cute text messages. Between our schedules it was hard to find time to see each other and she was way too shy to call me. So I settled for text messages here and there.
Madison was hell bent on knowing every detail between Sasha and I. It was annoying more than it was anything else. I liked telling her some of the cute things she said but when she wanted more details like when the next time we were going to have sex and stuff like that, I started to get annoyed.
I laid across my bed a little after 7pm on Saturday night with a small headache, fighting the urge to text Sasha. I didn't really like talking to her on the nights I knew she was working at the club because a small part of me felt jealous. It wasn't like she was my girlfriend but I still didn't like knowing people were seeing her basically naked on the weekends. I fell asleep thinking about what it would be like if Sasha was mine and not a stripper...
When I woke up, it was a little after midnight and my stomach growled loudly. On top of being hungry enough to eat a bear, I couldn't get Sasha off my mind. I tried taking a hot shower, making myself something to eat and clicking thru Netflix but nothing worked. She was all I could think about. So I broke down and sent her a text, not expecting to get an instant reply at all.
Sasha🤩🤞🏾: I was just thinking about you.
I sat on the couch with butterflies in my stomach. Knowing she was thinking about me too made me nervous. I glanced at the clock and sighed. Maybe she wasn't at work.
Me: Are you at work?
Sasha🤩🤞🏾: I left early.
Me: You okay?
Sasha🤩🤞🏾: not really

I decided to break our tradition and call her instead of text her back. She answered on the third ring and as soon as I heard her voice, I knew something was wrong. She muffled the phone around for a few seconds and then it got easier to hear.
"What's wrong?" I asked, leaning back on the couch with my eyes closed. I imagined her sitting next to me with a smile on her face. Hearing her sound so sad made my stomach knot up. I didn't like it.
"I'm okay." She didn't sound believable though. Nothing about the way her voice cracked sounded like she was okay. I knew she wasn't the kind of girl to open up right away so I bit my lip and thought about ways to cheer her up.
"What's your favorite color?"
"Pink. What about you?" The raspiness in her voice still made me feel like a girl with her first crush.
"I like too many for one to be my favorite." I replied and that made her giggle. Goosebumps covered my arms.
"I've always liked pink. You should see my room."
"Is that your way in inviting me over?" I asked, halfway joking. It got quiet on the phone for half a second until Sasha cleared her throat.
"Kinda. I guess so."
"Do you want me to come over...and look at your room?" I couldn't hide my smile and I'm pretty sure she heard it too.
"I want you to come over and look at my room." She chuckled into the phone.
"Send me the address,"