Ch.16

When I was a kid, I thought a chocolate museum would be a lot like Charlie and the  chocolate factory. Even though it was far from what I expected, I did enjoy the sweet smell in the air and so did Sasha. As soon as we opened the large glass doors, the smile on her face made me melt.
We walked down the long corridor hand in hand, staring at everything in sight. There were pictures on the wall of chocolate historical figures and sculptures made out of chocolate too. I felt like a child trying to force myself not to touch anything.
"Close your eyes," Sasha whispered as she let go of my hand. I did as told and prayed she was going to kiss me. Instead, a piece of chocolate hovered over my bottom lip.
"Taste it." Hearing those words leave her mouth made my knees feel weak. I opened my mouth and let her guide the candy inside. Feeling her finger graze my lip made my skin tingle. Milk chocolate and strawberries woke up my taste buds.
"Do you like it?"
"It's really good. What is it?" I asked and finally opened my eyes. Sasha was in a daze, staring at my lips with a light blush across her cheeks. When she finally tore her eyes away from the smile on my face, I caught myself seconds away from kissing her.
"I don't know, just a sample I picked up."
"You taste it now." I smirked and stepped closer to her. We were alone next to a stairwell and neither one of us looked like we wanted our space.
"Are we still talking about the chocolate?" She asked innocently with pretty big blue eyes. My mouth dropped. "I'm just kidding love."
"You're cute." I said and smirked.
Sasha's phone buzzed in her back pocket for the fourth time but just like every time before now, she ignored it and kept her eyes on me. I wanted to ask if she needed to answer the phone but part of me liked that she was putting all of her attention on me. The other part wanted to know who was blowing her phone up back to back.
"Are you having fun?" Sasha's voice was so calming, I forgot about her phone until it vibrated again.
"Yeah, I am. Are you?"
"Yes, I like being around you." It was hard to concentrate on Sasha's words. It was obvious I liked being around her too.
"You don't have to ignore your phone because we're on a date, it's fine."
"I'd be ignoring her even if we weren't on a date. I like this. I don't want anyone to ruin my day or my time with you." Sasha grabbed my hand and put her head on my shoulder.
We walked around the museum for another hour just talking and laughing with each other. She shared little things about herself and I did the same. By the time we were ready to leave, we were ready for real food and I finally stopped thinking about who was texting or calling her.
When we got to her car, I got in quietly and waited for her to start the car. It was cold and windy and all I wanted to do was cuddle. Sasha turned the heat on and turned her body to face me. She smiled nervously before she leaned over and grabbed my face gently. Slowly our lips touched and ignited a flame in the pit of my stomach. She let her fingers get tangled beautifully in my hair as she deepened the kiss. The way she was kissing me was making my heart skip so many beats in a row. Finally she pulled away and looked at me with lust sitting in between us.
"Sorry, I couldn't wait anymore." She smiled and leaned in again. This time I took control and she let me. My tongue dominated hers easily but she liked it. She liked it almost as much as I did and I could tell. When she looked at me after our kiss ended for the second time, I saw something other than lust in her eyes. She smiled bashfully and played with her fingers in her lap until she had calmed her nerves down enough to form a sentence. And when she did, my stomach did a series of backflips.
"Aaliyah, I really like you..."