Chapter Two: The Dead girl in the Bar

Five Years Ago, Chicago

West Englewood

The district was known to have gang violence ever since it was established. With low-income housing and minimum police patrols, It became a mecca of crime in the windy city of Illinois.

However, on this occasion were called in towards a bar which was shot up all over and not a single sole lived to tell a tale.

Chicago Police was all over the place with red tapes and roadblocks as forensic experts gathered evidence such as bullet casings and blood samples.

Most of the bloodstains were still slightly warm for the shooting just happened, Hours ago.

Six people lay dead.

A Police cruiser pulled and outcomes two officers;

One was a tall male with a distinctive black bowl cut and He had a stoic expression on his face.

The other was a shorter female with a catty appearance as she had large amber eyes and chin-length wavy brown hair.

The female officer took a deep breath as they walked into the bar.

" Great another trip down to a disgusting area of town. Pfft, I have a lot of better things to do." She remarked sighing.

" HITCH! " The male officer warned as she rolled her eyes.

" Oh Marlowe, don't tell me you quite enjoy being here huh?" Hitch retorted as she playfully elbowed her partner.

Marlowe swatted her by the shoulder." Stop that hitch!"

Hitch let out a loud exasperated sigh as she threw her hands in the air and dropped them.

The two officers entered the bar to see the entire joint shot up and they moved aside as the forensics wheeled out bodies on stretchers. Every corpse was covered and the sheets were heavily stained with blood.

Marlowe kept a stoic expression while Hitch looked in pure disgust at the sight as she waved her hand to herself like a fan.

" Jesus...Can we hurry up!" Hitch quietly squealed as she hopped a bit like a child wanting some candy.

" HITCH!" Marlowe hissed as officer Dreyse jolted and corrected herself.

They observed the place as Marlowe kneeled down on to the floor and picked up a bullet casing, While Hitch went looked around.

He turned the casing around." Mhmm 9mm rounds. Judging by the holes and rapid-fire, The shooters must be using some submachine guns."

" MARLOWE!" Hitch suddenly called out as she stood near a knocked down table.

Marlowe placed the casing down and walked over to see Two bodies which the forensics team hasn't recovered yet.

One was the body of a young man with short blonde hair, He had a boyish face and pointy nose. He also wore a tattered green suit equipped with a black tie and shoes.

His body was sustained with numerous bruises all over his face and the tattered suit showed signs of struggle and resistance. There wasn't a bullet hole in his body, suggesting that the poor kid was beaten to death.

The other body was that of a young Asian woman with short black hair and she wore a long-sleeved white buttoned-up shirt with jeans and brown boots. However, the woman wore a black scarf around her neck which was slightly loosened. Most likely happened during the struggle.