Chapter Six: Early Days

(xXmarillaxX owns the artwork above)

(Mikasa's POV)

I grew up with the Yeagers ever since my parents were murdered. Carla and Grisha Yeager were very nice people, who saw me as they're own.

Since I got adopted by them ever since my parents' murder.

Eren and I were very close, We did chores together and there wasn't a single day I was separated from him. I dread every minute of not even seeing or hearing from him.

You may call me obsessive, but I'm just protective of my new step-brother. I couldn't let anything happen to him after He saved me from those Inbreds.

I just felt like it was my duty to protect him, For he saved me.

In school, Eren was a trouble maker and He would enter fights with the local bullies. I was always there to back him up and not a single one of those losers were able to land a hit on me.

I was feared. More feared than eren, in fact as Bullies would cower and flee upon seeing me or even hear my footsteps approaching.

At that same time, We met Armin Arlert.

He was very intelligent, for that He was always the top of the class. Unfortunately, What He has in brains lacks for in strength.

I remember him being the least athletic kid during Physical exercises and He would be regularly picked on by everyone.

Lucky for him, Me and Eren always had his back in every situation. He was like our third brother. Sadly, We never saw him again when his family moved to another state.

Time passed by and We graduated High School at the same time, We all turned 18 years old.

But we still lived under Mr. And Mrs. Yeager who both wanted us to go to College to get straight jobs as Any parent would have wanted.

However, Eren had no plans of ever entering any university. Because that is when his fascination with Military and weapons began.

He would play video games such as Call of duty or Battlefield and He decorated his room with U.S military posters.

Being at the right age, He rushed off to fulfill his dreams much to the dismay of his mother as she once remarked.

" NO SON OF MINE IS GONNA JOIN THE ARMY!!!"

But then eventually, She realized that She could never always be there to hold her son's hand in that phase of life.

She beckoned me to protect her son at all costs to which I vowed, willingly.

Currently, that is a vow, I will break soon enough.

This story will continue when Eren and I signed up for the marine corps in San Diego;

( Third person POV)

San Diego, California

All the new recruits stood up straight in a wide-open training yard with their hands at their backs.

It was in the middle of the day and the blazing sun bared down on them which caused them to perspire like melting Ice cream.

They all stood in anticipation as the instructor walked forwards in front of the crowd. He eyed them all like an eagle searching for his prey.

He was a tall middle-aged intimidating man with a bald head. He had dark circles around his eyes and a small beard on his lower chin. He wore a standard marine drill sergeant uniform with black boots.