THIRD PERSON

Tony was annoyed that Steve hadn't said anything to him. But, he knew that if he wanted to be trusted, he would have to be patient.

Steve was the most worried he'd ever been. He didn't want to lose Tony over this, and if he did then he'd fall back into a state he thought he'd never see again. 

Both of them were worried but they just didn't know what to do.

Steve was at his house. He was pacing, constantly picking up him phone and then dropping it straight back onto his bed, not wanted to call anyone, not wanting to text. It was about midday and he was tired - he hadn't slept - so he kicked his shoes off, curled up on his bed and dragged the duvet over his stone cold body. His window was open and the only thing he was wearing was some grey stained jogging bottos - they were his cousins. A single tear ran down his face.

I'm sorry, Tony, he thought.

And he let his body release any and all emotion before he fell into a depressive sleep.

Someone rang the doorbell. Steve's mother answered and two sets of footsteps fell outside Steve's room. He was still asleep, he didn't want to wake up. The door cracked open and the person silently removed their shoes and sat cross-legged on Steve's bed. They move his head onto their lap and began stroking his hair. They grabbed his wrist and gently lifted it to the light and they quietly began crying as they saw what he had done to himself. Steve awoke when a tear hit his face.

"Tony?"

"Fuck," Tony muttered, wiping his eyes. Steve caught his wrist and sat up, facing Tony. Steve shook his head and gave a sad smile as he began wiping away the warm tears on his loved ones' face.

"I'm sorry," Steve whispered. "I thought I was better than this."

"It's okay," replied Tony. "I get it. I used to do the same thing and then my parents sent me to a counsiller. They put me on anti-depressants for a while... just please, don't do this to yourself. You can't do that to you. Or to me."

"I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. I don't wanna be like this anymore, Tony. I didn't used to be, but since my dad left, I..." Steve broke off, unaware of how knotted his throat felt or how hot he suddenly felt.

"It's okay," Tony repeated. "We can get through this." And he leaned forward and grabbed Steve in a tight embrace, hoping it would heal them both.