STEVES POV

I looked at the door as the nurse walked in. It was about a week after I'd been admitted and she handed me a piece of paper and said,

"You're discharged."

"I thought you said I needed someone to sign for me?" I replied, looking at the paper. 

"Anthony Stark signed for you."

"Where is he?"

"Just outside."

"Okay great." I gave my name, home address and signature and they removed whatever cords were in my arm and I headed out of the room. Directly to my left, someone jumped out from beside me and grabbed me in a hug.

"Hey, Tony."

"I missed youuuuu," he said almost immediately, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Tony, you saw me yesterday," I laughed.

"Still. Also, we're going to see your mom so if you wanna leave just let me know."

"Okay." He let go of me and I let him lead the way to the  room my mom was in. Before walking in, my breathing quickened and I began to panic but I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

Tony dragged out a chair for me and I looked down at my mom. She had more wires in one of her arms than I'd had in my entire body and I looked away for a moment. I couldn't see her like this and it was mainly from shock.

"Steve, hey, it's okay." Tony came over and gave me a hug. "It's okay." I nodded and sat down in the seat next to her. I took her hand and looked at the floor, I had to avoid looking at her. I felt horrible about it but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Hey, mom. Tony said he's been visiting you while I was in hospital but I'm out now so I can see you. I'm probably not gonna go to school for a while - I'll stay at home with Tony for a bit and probably find a job somewhere to pay the bills and stuff because I don't want you to get home and not have any electricity." I looked up and saw my vision was blurred so I wiped my tears with my free hand.

"I need you, mom." My voice started to tremble. "I can't live a life without you. You've been my emotional support since dad left and I don't want you to go. I can't let you go. I need you, you need me. Please, mom, you can't leave me like dad did, I can't go through that again. Also, Tony loves you like a mom and speaking for him, we need you. He gave me some of the curry you taught him to make and it was completely delicious - he learns from the best. I might hand around at Tony's for a bit, he already said it was okay. I love you mom." I placed her hand back on the bed and got up to leave. I opened the door and sank down to the floor against the wall as I started sobbing.

authors note

finally reached my tenth chapter!! i've really enjoyed writing this story so far and can't wait to see how it goesss and i know probably only my one friend is reading this and if u r then ilyy 🥰