four

After about a week Steve and I had crafted the new element. Thankfully, my reactor accepted it and I was able to have a new arc reactor. The lines on my chest and neck were gone, my blood toxicity was back to normal, Steve and I were going great and I was still able to have some time in the workshop. I was watching the news one day when I saw something about a 'new avenger'.

"Steeb, c'mere."

"Who's Steeb?"

"You dumbass. Anyway, thoughts?" I directed towards the television and let him observe it for a moment.

"Huh."

"I wanna find them. Well, technically I already did - that's in the middle of Queens. All of the clips are."

"So what."

"So they live in Queens. There. Simple solve." Steve chuckled and sat down next to me while putting one arm around my shoulders. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and he turned off the tv.

"You look tired."

"I just woke up."

"Tony it's 4 pm."

"From a nap." Steve looked at me and I grinned. "Okay, I slept in a little but I've been up a couple of hours already." I grabbed a small device from beside me and searched about for where Spiderman lived.

"Hey, I think I found something," I muttered. I looked over at a picture and saw red, black and blue all in one corner crawling up an apartment building. I got another picture up and looked at the same place it was and there was nothing there. I searched for a while longer before finding a kid that lived in the same apartment building, same height, same build. His name was Peter. Peter Parker.

I headed over to my computer and got Jarvis to find out the apartment number and who he lived with. I knew he was still a student - he was 14 - and I went and sat in the kitchen for an hour and spoke to Nat, Bruce and Thor while waiting for Jarvis to respond. And when he didn't, I got concerned and left them to natter. Steve was in the middle of a workout in the gym so I sat in my 'office' (the small space with my computer in my room) and looked into it manually.

"Why can't you find it out?"

"I can't hack the server, sir." I literally typed in about three codes and was in.

"I'm gonna have to recode you." I found out his apartment number within seconds. He lived with his aunt, May Parker. I threw on some trainers and just as a=I was about to leave my room, Steve opened the door.

"Hey," he said. He was out of breath.

"Babe, did you take the stairs?" Steve frowned.

"What did you just say?"

"I asked if you took the stairs."

"No, no, before that." Fuck. I didn't mean to say 'babe', it just slipped out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"I didn't say anything."

"You called me babe."

"So what if I did?" I blushed and looked at the floor.

"Well, babe, I didn't think you were brave enough to say it."

"Didn't mean to," I muttered. Steve laughed and pulled me into a hug.

"Steve! You're so hot oh my god are you okay? Oh shit, you're so sweaty I need to shower now."

"YOU need to shower? Look at me!" Steve exclaimed. He let me go and I chuckled slightly.

"Yeah, you should go first." He raised one eyebrow but I threw a towel at him so he dried his face and walked into my bathroom before turning on the water. I sat at my computer and figured out some stuff to do with the suit, but about ten minutes later the water turned off and the door opened. I wasn't really paying attention so I freaked out when he wrapped his arms around me from behind and placed his chin over my shoulder.