seven

*TONY'S POV*

I wasn't going to be spending a lot of time with the kid. When he went home, I collapsed on the couch and fell asleep. I'd needed a nap for the past three hours but I can only do so much. The last thing I remembered was Steve picking me up and taking me into my bedroom. He must've put me to bed because the next morning I woke up with him laying next to me. He was snoring gently - looking at the clock I saw it was 8:03 AM. So not very early for me, but early for Steve. He doesn't usually get up for about another hour, so I fell back asleep. He ended up waking me up.

"Morning sunshine." I grinned.

"Hey."

"Did you sleep?" He frowned when he looked at me, almost looking concerned.

"Yes, Capsicle. I slept."

"I don't believe you."

"Ask Jarvis." He ended up believing me, I don't know what changed.

Today was a Saturday, the sun was high up in the sky by the time I got out of bed and checked my calendar. I had a flight to London.

Fuck.

I had a flight to London.

"Steve!" I yelled. He ran into the room pulling his shirt over his head.

"What? I'm trying to get dressed."

"I need to be at my airport 10 minutes ago."

"What?"

"I'm late for my flight, you're driving."

"Can I come with?"

"It's a business trip to London. You don't want to come with." Steve shrugged.

"Do I look like I care?" Steve clumsily threw a bag together and I grabbed mine from the side of the room (I'd packed before the kid arrived) and I ended up forcing Nat to drive us there. I knew I was gonna be jetlagged when I got back which is why someone needed to drive me there and collect me.

We stepped out of the car.

"We'll be back Tuesday morning at 11, can you pick me up?"

"You can count on it."

"I'm gonna have to trust you on that one." Nat laughed as she rolled up the window and drove off. We walked over to the plane and walked up the stairs.

"Where were you," Rhodes demanded.

"Sorry, I got caught up."

"I've been stood here for 40 minutes, Stark... oh, hey Cap."

"Rhodey, hi." I knew they hadn't spoken in a while but they would be fine by the time we land. Everyone does it with Cap, he looks terrifying to someone who'd never seen him before. Obviously we all knew the truth about him (he's as soft as a marshmallow) but whatever.

About an hour into the flight, Steve fell asleep. One of his arms was placed over the seat rest and the other was on his thigh. He looked kinda uncomfortable. I was gonna sit down with him but Rhodey sat opposite me with a stern look on his face.

"Why's he here? I love Cap, we just weren't expecting company. We only booked one room with a double, I can try and get another, but-"

"Calm down. He didn't want me to go alone, one room is fine."

"Where's he gonna sleep?"

"Have we really not caught up in this long?" He frowned. "We're dating." His face went from stern to relaxed and he laughed.

"I thought when you split in highschool it was gonna be for good."

"No, no... it wasn't." I rolled up my sleeves and looked down at my arms. I still had the scars there, the scars from years and years ago, from high school, from before I knew Steve existed. Scars last a long time. Physically and mentally.

"So, how longs it been?"

"About two months. I think."

"You... think?"

"I'm not really keeping count," I admitted.

"You're the worst boyfriend. Like ever."

"You don't know what I'm like," I replied. I couldn't stay silent for long because Rhodey burst out laughing and left. I chuckled and then went and sat with Steve.

He was sat on a sofa so I sat down next to him and he suddenly woke up.

"You just scared the living shit out of me."

"Sorry, what are you, five?"

"Yeah, five feet taller than you." I wanted to laugh but I shook my head. He looked away. "Please don't kill me." I laughed and placed my head on his chest.

"I wouldn't kill you."

"You just gave me a death stare so I can never be too sure." He placed his arm around me and I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"Love you Capsicle."

"Love you too littlen."

"Since when was that my nickname?" Cap quickly looked at his watch.

"Since... 6 seconds ago." I rolled my eyes but couldn't resist as Cap pulled me closer to him and we fell asleep.