two

TONY'S POV

I handed Steve an earpiece my dad had given to me years ago. There was actually two - I had one, he had the other. It was encrypted with Jarvis - a little bot that controlled everything I'd made with my father's scraps. He didn't know what I was doing and I intended for him not to find out.

It was high tech, and I'll admit, a little scary to some people because once you think or say Jarvis and command, he would listen in and do whatever you tell him to do. Because, he's Jarvis, he's a prototype, he's not perfect. But, he's alright. Could be worse. The fact that my father's just abusing his power to make weapons to pull the world apart, that's just wrong. I hate it. Just no. I can't just wonder what the world would be like though. So much more violence. So many more murderers, gangs, scary things in the world that don't exist now.

"What is this?" asked Steve. The class was talking to whoever they were sat next to, some were getting up and moving across the classroom but the teacher didn't care, she was carefree as fuck.

"It's a re-coded earpiece that looks into your brain. My old man's scraps. Jarvis is a bot I coded that looks into your thoughts and does whatever the fuck you want. I've got two. Keep it." He took the earpiece out of his ear and frowned.

"No. You made it. It's yours." He tried to hand it back but I heard a sharp voice.

"Rogers, Stark, hand it over." Ms Alcazar held out her hand and I laughed.

"So you put us in detention and then try to steal Tony's stuff. You can't do that - if he doesn't give you permission and you still take it then technically that's stealing - we're not down for that. So no." Steve crossed his arms.

"Principles office, Rogers, now."

"Ms, this is my fault..."

"I don't care, this is on Rogers."

"Yes. And me. The earpiece was mine, I made the tech with my dad's scraps, it's on me."

"Rogers, out."

"Steve, I'm coming." I grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and followed Steve from the room.

"Steve. Don't go to the principles office, come with me, drama studio's free on Tuesdays."

"No, I'm gonna sign out and head home." I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him into the drama block having picked the lock and shut us inside.

"I fucked up," he said.

"No, it's my fault..."

"My mom's gonna kill me..."

"She's not gonna know, trust me I'll pay the school it works every time, this shit hole is practically broke." Steve sank to the floor and fell on his knees, putting his head in his hands.

"I'm a shit kid."

"Steve. No. Get out of this mentality." I shook him until he looked up at me, his eyes practically swimming with tears. "We're gonna head out of the school, I'll pay them off, don't worry. We can go and get some food and then head back to my place, my folks won't notice if I'm home and besides I have something for you. It's a prototype I was going to give to Rhody, but you're more in need then that son of a bitch. C'mon, let's go." And with that, I pulled him to his feet and we signed out.

About an hour later I called a cab for us. I didn't want to use a car service, I didn't want to look like one of those rich kids that always say their lives are superior. They're not. Nobody is. We'd gone out to eat at Burger King (my choice) and I paid for our meals. I wanna make it up to him as I screwed him over on his first day. The yellow cab swung into view and I waved it down.