three

STEVE'S POV

"What? I can't do that?"

"Yeah, sure you can. Just make sure you type in exactly what you want him to know, spare no details."

"Sir, you can just do voice commands."

"J, I want this saved in your database, you're still only a prototype."

"Alright, sir. Plug me into your main PC in your living area."

"Right. Er... didn't I move it?"

"No, sir."

"Okay," he said to Jarvis. "Two seconds," Tony added, turning to me. He rummaged around his desk drawers and found a USB stick, took it and scrambled out of the room. I took the opportunity to search Tony's room a little bit. Not as in completely invading his privacy, but just to look around. I didn't find much - it was mainly old pieces of tech he'd given up on or was still in the process of making. So, nothing huge. I knew he wouldn't be gone for long anyway since all he was really going to do was find his computer. Also, he had a whole living area on his own floor? I knew the Stark family were rich, I didn't know they were practically billionaires. Well, it was always in the back of my mind. I heard shouting down the hall. One voice was Tony, one was Jarvis and one I'd heard recently but couldn't place it. Against my better judgement, I headed over.

"New kid!" someone yelled. It was a blonde girl with her hair bought up in a ponytail and a fringe, and a white box-like dress that came down to her knees.

"Pepper, don't-" That when I realised who she was. I knew her from my homeroom. And the name Pepper - it was the same girl from earlier.

"Why did you leave earlier this morning in homeroom? Ms Alcazar isn't happy."

"You left too," I pointed out. She went slightly red but continued to talk.

"Yes, well the principle is going to be phoning your parents-"

"Can I give you an emergency number?"

"Of course! I'd be delighted to let the school board know this should be the number they call."

"You have to leave afterwards."

"Done deal." I gave her what I said was my moms 'new number' "Thank you ever so much."

"No, of course. Just, make sure to always call that one, okay?"

"Sure. Will do." Then she walked to the elevator and left.

"Whose number was that?" Tony's voice sounded dangerous and slightly scary, to be honest.

"My dads. He doesn't give a shit about me, and he won't tell my mom."

"You're mental." Tony smiled and sat me down in front of a computer. "Right. Let's get programming!"

*THREE MONTH TIME SKIP*

"Steve, you good?" Rhodey looked at me slightly alarmed by my rejection of talking. I nodded and stared into the distance. Obviously, he didn't believe me. He took me into an empty science lab and sat me down.

"What's going on."

"You can't tell anyone. Not even Tony. I wanna tell him at the right time, but you also can't make fun of me. Like, at all."

"Whatever's on your mind won't be a judgy subject. Might be to other people, but I don't judge."

"That's a complete and utter lie and you know it."

"Okay fine. Now, what's going on?"

"I think I'm bisexual." Rhodey sat down opposite me and smiled.

"You know, Tony came out last year. He really took a fancy to you until... well, this."

"Why did she have to ruin it. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Pepper but just... I don't know. Tony looks a little objectional."

"I know what you mean. Also, he had a small thing for you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, like ages ago. It lasted forever until Pepper asked him out. Honestly, I think his feelings towards you never changed. He's still the small, independent kid with a big secret. I feel like that secret is his love for you." I blushed and Rhodey laughed. "That sounded corny. But anyway, he definitely likes you. Promise." I looked down at the floor and smiled.

"Thanks, Rhodey."

"No problem, Steve."

"No, seriously. Thank you." And with that, I pushed myself off the table and pulled my bag onto my back while leaving the room.

I went to Tony's after school. Pepper was due to come over but she was sick so she wouldn't be making an appearance.

"Jarvis, it's Steve. Is Tony home?"

"Bedroom."

"Is anyone here?"

"No, sir."

"Perfect." I walked down, through a door, down the hallway and through another door. I saw it then. The balcony door open. I blocked up the wall where I knew the exit to his secret room was and made sure even he couldn't open it and then I headed up the wall onto the roof of his room.

"Fuck you, Steve Rogers," I heard Tony mutter.

"Tony, we need to talk."

"Yes Steve, I know. Let me out."

"Okay, two minutes and I'll have you out in no time." I climbed back inside. What was the point in going up there in the first place? So he knew he couldn't leave. He knew I was here. He had no escape. I unblocked the door and let Tony out. He didn't really deserve to be trapped.

"What was that."

"I need to speak to you." Tony looked at me and nodded.

"Okay."

"Look, Rhodey and I were talking earlier and he said something about you not being straight - was that true?"

"I also spoke to Rhodey earlier. He told me about your little chat. In his defence, he thought we'd spoken," he added to the look on my face. "I know - or at least I think I know - that I shouldn't be going out with Pepper because I don't like her like that. I'm gonna break up with her."

"Okay..." I muttered. He pulled out his cell and dialled Pepper. While I was there. It was kinda awkward, but once she picked up, he stepped outside. And about two minutes later, he came back in. He had a sad smile on his face.

"I told her I was gay and she gets it. We're still friends, though." I smiled and nodded. "I also said to her I was gonna ask you out if I had the courage but it looks like I don't." He dropped his head to the floor and I did too.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. No. Kinda." My smile faltered. "I'm just joking, I mean it." I smiled.

"Antony Stark, you're the fucking best." I looked up and saw him grinning.

"Also, please stay for dinner, my parents are in England. I think. I don't know, all I know is that they're not in Brooklyn." I laughed and walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me. I was taller than him so he leant his head on my chest.

"Your heart is beating like crazy you feeling okay?" He sounded worried. I shook my head.

"I'm fine. Just really happy."

"Yeah. Me too."