Insight: Derrick

My spine tingled when I entered the front door to my home. 'More like prison' I thought fearfully. There wasn't a sound. I let out a relieved sigh, my mistake. All of the sudden a strong hand seized me by my neck, and I was lifted off the ground. My mouth opened to yelp in pain, but no sound came out because I couldn't breath.

"How was swimming practice?" my Father spat at me with complete, utter hatred. In his eyes I was vermin, a cocroach, a worm. I was nothing but trash that he would love to throw away into the garbage if it were legal.

"Okay" I managed to breath. He shook my violetly, viciously, relentlessly with his brute strength.

"Little foot-ball failure" he screamed at me as he continued to shake my weak body until he finaly slammed me into the wall. My head screamed at me with pain, and it throbbed. I wanted so desperately to slip into mind numbing, pain numbing unconciousness. 

"I bet a nice, sweet, pretty daughter would have been better at football than you" my mother took her turn to spit at me. I looked up at their angry faces, the faces of my parents whom I once loved, and respected. My lower lip trembled greatly as I tried to beg for forgivness when a shock hit me in the face. The shock was followed by an aching pain radiating across the left side of my face. I'd just been kicked.

"Are you going to cry? ARE YOU GOING TO CRY! WELL YOU SHOULD YOU LITTLE LOSER!" my father yelled at me. He had been a football coach, my grandfather, and my great grandfather while my mother had been a cheerleader, and even her mother, and grandma. Everything, my whole life had changed the week I tried out for the football team. Not just with my parents, but it had to do with everyone else at school. It all happened last year, my freshman year, September 5th, 2011. Tears began rolling down my face. 'To soon to think about it' I thought. 

I gasped, the wind was nocked from my lungs from a hard fist to my stomach. There was a shock to quick for my eyes to follow in my shoulder, my arm, my stomach repeatedly. My body shook terrible with each thud of the beating. The pain was numbing as my body slowly began to ignore it. Finaly a kick to my groin, setting off fireworks from their, and down my legs. I bit my lip, and whimpered loudly to keep from screaming. If I did it would all repeat.

"Don't bother having kids Derrick, wouldn't want a wimpy grandchild from what ever whore take pitty on you. I 'ought to cut that sorry escuse for a b*ll you got" my father spat at me again. Sticky saliva coated my face. I reached up to wipe it off, and shivered. I was cold and hurt. Why? What had I done to deserve this? I closed my eyes, and was breathing hard, and fast with no control. Cold sweat began to bead up on my bruised face, and my body was suddenly very cold. I felt sick, and dizzy, unable to move. Pain radiated into my jaw. I driffted into unconciousness at last. 'Finally, sleep. A short break of this madness' I though, and the blurry world that I could dimly see, and the pain disappeared.  

Rain:

I left my dorm, and headed to school. I was in a very cheerfull mood. 'I'm fitting in better than I thought I would' I thought, and began whistling an old tune I'd learned back- back home. I entered the near empty school. It was still early, but I didn't care. I liked school so far. Homework was a pain sometimes, but it was the people that made it good. 

"Well if it isn't the princess of the school" a familiar voice sneered with a mocking tone.

"Hi Sally" I replied to her, and waved. Her eyes narrowed.

"You may be Ms. Popular, but you nothing compared to me" she said tossing her hair back.

"I suppose, you made homecoming queen last year. A hope you win this year" I told her. She seemed a bit suprised.