We're Off To The Finals

Expirimenting with differnt titles to get more readers. Which do you think could be better a different title or a different cover?

Rain:

The finals were coming up for our swimming team, and boy was I very worried. We had to beat the Sharkires. No matter what. Tomorrow we'd hit the road to go were the competition was held. I entered the lunch room and sat down with my friends.

"So what's up?" I whispered. Everyone, except the hall monitors club and student council, whispered. We didn't dare to speak any louder than a whisper.  

"Nothing much. Just wish we didn't have to wear these stupid uniforms" Jeffery replied back quietly. He tugged at the collar of his shirt, which was more of a blouse. I sighed, I hated the uniforms. They were dull and too ordinary. No expression of our style what so ever.

"Escuse me, is there a problem?" I head an authoritive voice from behind. We whirled around to see Angelica, Hunter, and Simon behind us. All the hushed whispers around the cafeteria turned into silence, and eyes starred at us.

"N-n-no Angelica" I replied hesitantely stuttering as I spoke.

"Oh really? Are you... sure? Hunter asked, I could feel his cold, icy, dead breath on my neck. I didn't need to turn around to know how close he was. 'He wouldn't bite me in front of everyone else at least' I told myself, but that didn't make me feel any better. I heard him move away. I turned my head to look the three in the eyes, but when I did I felt a shock. My cheek burned, and ached from Simon slapping me.

"I'm sure you'll learn proper manners eventually. You may not look us in the eyes" Simon snapped, 

"You are...." he paused before saying, "Unworthy" he decided. There was tension, a long drawn out silence. Derricks mouth opened, but he winced in pain from Rina and Gwyneth pinching his arm to keep him quiet. The three left and the people around us continued whispering amonst themselves. I sighed a soft sigh of relief. They were gone and I was okay. I felt a cool, soft hand on my cheek, and my eye met Derricks smokey grey eyes. Smokey grey and filled with love, care, and concern. I heard someone clear their throats and looked up to see Hunter glaring at both Derrick and I from the other side of the lunch room. I recoiled away from Derrick, but to make matters worse Derrick pecked me on the cheek. Hunter looked taken aback, silently glarring at Derrick with crimson red eyes. 

"Derrick, why?" I snapped quietly.

"Why should I let him come between us?" he replied.

"aaaawwwww" I heard Rina, Gwyneth, and Bonnie whisper quietly. I felt myself blush from the akwardness. As far as I knew the two were single as far as I knew, so they enjoyed teasing Derrick and I. Once school was over I headed to my dorms to pack. We had a long day tomorrow.

"Hey Rain!" someone called, Jeffery. 

"Hey Jeffery, what's up?" I asked curiously.

"You heard about Derrick right?" he asked. My eyes widened, 'had something happened?' I wondered.

"His parents kicked him out" he told me. My mouth dropped,

"How- how could they be so cruel. Well where's he staying then?" I asked curiously. He shrugged in response,

"I don't know anyone without a room-mate, but if you do see if you can do something. Last I saw  him he was heading towards the beach" Jeffery told me before leaving. My eyes widened at the last part. The beach wasn't safe for mermaids like me, or humans. I bit my lip nervously, 'I didn't have a room mate' I remembered. I began walking to the beach, which was only a few blocks away. Derrick lay in the sand. His arms behind his head, and his eyes closed. He looked really cute, I loved his brown hair that was naturaly untamable. I gently nudged him, and he shot up startled. I laughed,