Chapter Six: The Truth at Dawn

The sky is light orange, and clouds seemed to be purple. As soon as they know it, dawn has arrived across the landrace. The sun peeks through the mountain tops. The Yetis woke up and stretched like they do every morning.

In the ice palace, Meechee is in her cozy bed, sleeping the night away with her mammoth, Blossom sleep next to her bed. She was exhausted from that epic snowball fight and sled race yesterday. That has to have been the most wonderful day she has ever had in a lifetime if she were honest with herself. The dawn shining lights came though her two oval-shaped windows.

Meechee soon woke up and stretched her arms.

"Morning Blossom" She greeted with a yawn. Blossom responded with a toot. Meechee chucked. She got up from her bed and went over to the mirror to brush her long lavender hair and braided in a signal braid although she has been thinking about changing it up into something different. Thanks to some Smallfoot hairstyles inspiration. But she left as it is until figured out how to do some hairstyles. Then she puts on the necklace to complete the look.

After that, Meechee went check on her brother, Throp in his room. She saw him talking to himself in the mirror, saying all kinds of self-advocates to himself. Ever since they had that 'Father Complexe' discussion, he's been making groundbreaking improvements forming his relationship with his dad.

"You got this Thorp. Totally got this."

"Hey Throp, watcha doing?" Meechee asked playfully.

"Saying nice things about myself," Thorp replies. "My Smallfoot said it's a great way to raise my self-esteem. She pretty cool."

"Huh, I'll have to meet her," Meechee notes in her head. But then quickly changed the subject.

"Hey Thorp, have you seen dad?"

Thorp looked back Meechee from the mirror. "Nope, I actually haven't seen him at all this morning. Why?"

"I have to talk to him. He hasn't been coming down the mountain with us in days, Thorp. There's something up." Meechee said with worry.

Thorp is silent for a sec, "I want to help dad, too, but what about your friends and smallfoots?"

"I'll tell them we're coming down a little later and they can tell the Smallfoots that," Meechee answered simply.

"Aww, my Smallfoot would probably think I'm struggling or something." Throp slumps his shoulders.

Meechee left the room and real quick open the ice doors and ran outside in the village. She's hoping she would run into one of her friends to tell. Luckily, she ran into Kolka around the foods stands. As she intended, she said Kolka her and Thorp are coming down a little later in the day. Kolka didn't ask why, but Meechee told her why anyways.

Kolka nodded in understanding. "I'll make sure to tell them."

"Thanks, Kolka. Your the best." Meechee had already started running back to the ice palace.

"Anytime, Meech!" Kolka yelled. "That's what friends are for!"

Meechee met Thorp at the hallway where the statues of Storekeepers of the past stood. The secret staircases that lead lower down the mountain. It hid a machine and the truth about the Smallfoot. The two siblings walk down the stairs, where red glowing snails lead the way.

"What if he doesn't want to be bothered and wants to be left alone?" Thorp said worriedly.

"He already had time to himself for days. Besides, it's unhealthy to be alone like that all the time."

"...Yeah, you may be right about that."

The staircase leads out into a sizeable room-the truth of the Smallfoot that is stone carved to tell a story. The glowing snails lit the room in many colors. But the Stonekeeper is nowhere to be seen.