Chapter Eighteen: War for Smallfoots Part 1

When morning came, the yetis awaken from sleeping ground thought night, using a sheet of snow as a blanket. The yetis stayed close to town as possible. They went into town to see some Smallfoots are already out and about. For the last two days, the two species have been helping one another and hanging out. The Stonekeeper along with the police protrolled night and day to keep order and peace. Dorgle meanwhile, has been hanging out with the gong ringer, he learned so much. Maybe the mallet theory wasn't dumb after all.

May and her yet friend, Soozie, skip down the street with their superhero outfits. Together, they did good deeds in town. And she thought of the idea right after a free breakfast at the diner. May has been taken care of by Soozie and the yeti's mother when her mom was taken. And she told her self that she has to be brave, strong, and kind until her mother and the others return home. She wanted to stay strong for her mother.

So far, they did many good deeds of town. They helped an older man with his grocery; they feed birds bread; they maintain a yeti with a furry situation, wash some cars, and saved a screaming goat from the highest tree. They hoped to do more soon. They skipped by the coffee shop and asked anyone if they needed help.

"Need any help with anything over here? Rescuing we can do?" May asked the costumers.

An elder lady chuckled with her tea in her hand. It was the same older woman from the news. "I'm afraid their no rescuing over here, thank you so much, young ladies." Soozie nodded in satisfaction.

"No problem, madame. We're only doing our jobs." Just as about to leave, the ground began to shake; they stopped in their tracks — the old women tea ripples. Everyone felt the shake in town, yetis, and humans alike felt the rumble. They thought it a typical earthquake and should find cover quickly. But it wasn't that. It's wost. The Stonekeeper looked to the hills, where he saw mod yetis on the backs of mammoths. They just stood there. Everyone saw it. May and the old woman couldn't move.

"No.."

He brought an army with him.

"We need to evacuate them, West! Now!" The Stonekeeper shouted. Before they could make sudden moves, something fired into the air and landed in town and released a gas. The smallfoots cough as soon they breathed it in. The gong rung many times, "Get them out of here, now!" Soozie quickly scopes up May and the older women and help evacuation the coffee shop. Then she ran to find her mother. Everyone started to panic and started running in circles.

Dorgle, Thorp, and outer yetis evacuated many buildings as they can, but the Smallfoot had so many buildings town. More of those smoke bombs fired into the air land many place, even on houses and buildings. It made it hard to evacuate them all. The Stonekeeper tried all he could to get them out. Then suddenly, loud shaking came his way. A yeti guard rode right past him to catch a running Smallfoot. He grabbed him and threw him in a sack. All guards began to that once they got into town. Not only that, they began to destroy everything in sight. Some yetis even tried to fight back to protect the Smallfoots.

The Stonekeeper looked around him; chaos rages everywhere. Kids are crying; people are miserable; everything felt like it's on fire. Horror is clearly shown on his face. Then someone stood in behind him. He turned around to see an old friend, someone he once considered a brother. He stood face to face on his mammoth. He still wore stones. Smoke surrounded them.

"Hello, brother. I see you haven't aged a day. It's nice to see you again." The leader behind all this said with a growl under his breath.

"You shouldn't be here. You shouldn't be doing this." He replied in sourness.

"I'm afraid I have to. I have clear an infestation that has been causing yeti's problems for decades. And you have been ignored them."

"You think your some kind of hero!? You have brought destruction and fear to their village!"