Chapter Nine: Father to Father

Ever since Migo, Percy, Meechee, and other Yetis have left to rescue the Smallfoots from the North Village, the Stonekeeper and the village yetis made sure no yetis from the north village don't try to kidnap another Smallfoot from town. So just like any other day, they socialized with them, play with them, help them with work, homework, basically having a great time without having to worry about anything. Nightfall eventually came, and everyone went in for shut eyes while the yetis made a camp right next to the town.

Dorgle had a little chat with the Smallfoot's gong ringer before heading in for the night. They have been cheating for a while now. That fact they used a mallet to ring the gong instead of using their heads still surprised him. The young ringer told him that they ring the gong on numerous occasions. His family has been doing this since the dawn of time, according to the Smallfoot. The little guy reminds Dorgle of Migo. He's Committed, kind, and sweet, just like him.

The Stonekeeper did not talk or interact with anyone in town at all. He watched over everyone in the village like a hawk on a nearby hill until the sun went down. The town is lit with lights in many colors as usually. He refuses to go to sleep despite his heavy eyes demanding him to. His staff helped him stand tall.

He had a whirlpool of thoughts going through his mind, and that is new for him, thoughts, and questions. He is extremely concerned about Meechee and the others on their journey north; he was worried about it all day. No, he was worried about them by the second they venture off.  The leader felt sick to his stomach.

Meechee...please be okay.

"Stonekeeper?" A whisper said from behind. It's Dorgle; he recognizes that voice. "What are you doing up? You should be sleeping," He approached.

"I can't do that."

Dorgle stood beside him."Why not?"

The leader said nothing as he took a breath as a hot air escaped through his mouth. "To protect the Smallfoot village from any intruders of any kind."

"Oh, I see," Dorgle said, understanding. "You're not the only one that's up, some Smallfoots are down there, keeping an eye out too." He gestures to cars. Police cars are every corner in a village it felt like. The officers had the caffeine and sugar to keep them fully awake. Then Dorgle took a look at his face that showed it all.

"Why are you really up?" Dorgle asked again firmly.

"I'm scared, Dorgle. About them being out there in the open world like that. I'm worried about Meechee." He said softly. Dorgle noded, he can relate with him. Dorgle looked at his large feet on the snow-covered ground.

"I'm scared too," Dorgle admitted to him, the Stonekeeper listened.

"I'm scared they might get lost, took a wrong turn, get in trouble with the North Stonekeeper, might not see my see my son again..." The dad trails off into silane.

"Why are we thinking like this?" Dorgle asked as he covered his face with his hands.

"Because the kids and the Smallfoot could be in danger as we speak?" The Stonekeeper answered.

"...Yeah, we need to stop thinking like that."

"Hmm?" The Stonekeeper turns to Dorgle in confusion. What's that supposed to mean? What else is there think?

"We need to start thinking on the bright side of things. For starters, they aren't kids anymore, are they?"

The great leader let out a little chuckle. "I suppose not. They all  mature ...well, at least most of them did." Then the tired father sat down.

"But Meechee, I still see her as my little girl." He started to explain. Dorgle sat down to get comfortable; he knew there's going to be a lot said.

"You see, when Meechee was little, she would often wonder about a lot of things, ask questions. And she's still like that today." The Stonekeeper had a warm smile on his cold, tired face.

"She is one of a kind."

"She gets it from her mother, wits and will."

Dorgle chucked. "I see why my son likes her." Then from out of the blue, The Stonekeeper laughed, which kind of spooked Dorgle, he never heard their leader laugh before, no one has except his wife.

"Migo had a crush since he first laid his eyes on her at school." Dorgle closed his eyes and saw memory clear. "He was such a kind-hearted kid; he was so eager to be a gong ringer. Things were going for us until..."

"Your wife passed." The Stonekeeper finished. Dorgle nodded sadly.

"It changed our lives forever. It took Migo months until he eventually got over it. And to be honest, I'm over it myself." Dorgle looked up to the twilight sky to see hundreds and thousands of stars looking down on them.

"It's okay not be over it, Dorgle. You just can't let it drag you down. Trust me; I'm not over it either."

The two fathers became silent as the conversation is coming to a close. All they can do is look at the Smallfoot village below, knowing they are relaying every yeti here to protect them.

"Meechee may have left you to take care of the Smallfoots and lead us, but that doesn't mean you have to do that alone," Dorgle assured him. The leader suddenly had a little smile on his face.

"Thank you, Dorgle. I hope they're okay out there, Meechee, Migo, The Smallfoot, and the other Smallfoots in the North village."

Dorgle did not how to respond to that. "...As long they stay together as a team, they'll bring everyone back in no time." He said.

The Stonekeeper couldn't help but slowly stood up gaze to the sky and began to pray in his mind for luck, something he wouldn't typically do. It felt odd having no stones hanging from him like all those years ago.

"I hope your right."

To  Be Continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I felt like the story needed to check on how the Stonekeeper and the others doing before we hop back into the main characters and story. 🙊

I just took the SAT on Saturday, and I must say it took forever to get done, but I'm glad it's all over.😵

I also saw Abominable in theaters and OH MY LORD; it was beautiful and a real tearjerker. The music, the animation, the in-depth story, it's all beautiful.🥳❄

Anyways, I apologize for the slow update. Unfortunately, updates will still be delayed due to school. 🤷‍♀️

See you in Chapter TEN! (We hit the double digits, y'all)

💝Have a Memorable day!💝