Chapter Thirteen: Taken Down

The village became dark and gray when night came in feather. All the houses lights are out, implying all yetis have gone to sleep for the night. The village has entered into a slumber. Everything is silent. It was difficult for the group of yetis to watch their steps and try not to make any sound. They are making their way to the tall palace. Meechee leads the way.

Migo, however, couldn't stop thinking about the Smallfoot; he couldn't focus. His mind replays the Smallfoot was getting angry and shouting at him repeatedly. Although he admitted it was hard to take him seriously due to the cute squeaky voice he has, He never saw his friend so mad at before. In fact, that is the first time he got mad at him ever. He keeps reassuring himself that Percy is back safe at the house, where Fleem is hopefully watching him like a hawk.

Migo knows that Meechee is mad at him too for treating the Smallfoot like he's completely helpless. She's right; the Smallfoots are capable of taking care of themselves. It's just he's so small, he would be lying to himself if he would say he's not worried about him. As for everyone else, he's not too sure.

They hid on the side of the palace to prevent seeing eyes. But now there is a problem."How are we going get in?" Whispered Kolka. Meechee thinks fast; she did not plan to consider this plan, though well.

"Thought that window." Meechee points up to the small window that would lead up to the second floor. The window is high up, and the window is small. Gwangi automatically knew he is not going to able happy thought it due to his poofy fur. Before anyone could say a thing, he spoke.

"I'll give you all boost up; I'll stay out here and keep watch."

"Are you sure?" Migo asked in concern. In response, he nodded.

"Mhmm. I can't fit thought that tiny window anyways."

"Oh."

He gave Meechee a boost up by tossing her up with his hands to the window; she climbed in once she got a good hold on the lege. Then Kolka and finally, Migo is last to be boosted up to the window. Once in, Migo then looked down from the window to see Gwangi starting at him below. He nodded.

"Thanks, Gwangi."

"Stay safe," Meechee added quickly.

"You all do the same. Bring the Smallfoots home."

When they were in and settled, they realized there in the hallway of the castle, made entirely out of ice. The halls are quiet and haunting. At the end of the hallway is the stairway down. With a deep breath, they crouched down and tipped toe down as Meechee lead the way. They wanted to quite as possible. Along the way, they peeked in some of the rooms to see if the Smallfoots were kept in one them.

"Smallfoots? Are you guys in there?" Migo and Kolka would whisper yell in each room. But there is no response in each room.

"I'm pretty sure the Smallfoots would be lower level, their well-hidden there," Meechee suggests to them.

"Where no one can see them," Kolka added, agreeing with her. Migo nodded in agreement. With that, they tiptoe downstairs into the Great Hall, where statues of past Stonekeepers stood proudly and secure as they main the halls. Meechee took a look at before she preceded any further while the others did. It's sort of like the figures back at the ice palace at home. But there's something off about them that bugged her. "Meechee, we have a problem. We need his staff to open the staircase." Migo told her, but she was paying attention.

"Meechee?" Kolka said her name.

"The statues...are all him." She mumbles. She grew uncomfortable.

"The past failed us." A voice from the darkness said. The voice made them jumped. They turned to where the sound is coming from. From out of the shadows, he walked out the Stonekeeper of North with his staff in his hand and the stones that continue to rattle. He is ferrous with rage. "The Stonekeepers of the past did nothing but add stones." Then from their side, Cornell came in the room with Gwangi with his hands tied up with rope. He did not bother to fight back. Gwangi sluggish moved forward.