Chapter Seventeen: Truth Be Told

"So let me get this straight, Teal's plan is to have you locked up with while her and the Smallfoot free the captives? And the Smallfoot trusted her?" Migo retells Teal's plan in clarification. Fleem had explained Teal's complex plan to his friends. Meechee is pretty intrigued with the plan. It gave everyone hope of freeing the Smallfoots from their prisons.

Fleem nodded. "Yep! They sorta had a little connection going on."

"Aww!" Kolka squealed.

"What made her change her mind about Smallfoots?" Meechee asked Fleem.

"Yeah, we already know what her stepfather thinks about them." Gwangi added.

"I don't know. She confess about doing  something wrong that may have hurt him but he just fagave her." That's when Migo realised something real important.

"He's like that." Migo addmitrd. "He forgave me even though I put him in danger when I gave him over to the Stonekeeper, I thought he would hate me after what I did but..."

"He saved you and stood up for all of us when no else did." Meechee finished his sentence. Migo nodded at Meechee. Even though he did not say it to his face, his actions are forgiving enough. There's a moment of silent. Then Migo thought to himself.

He's stronger then you know.

"Well, hopefully things are going according to plan with Teal afther she's done talking with father." Fleem said. A few hearts dropped.

"Wait, she had to talk with her father?" Kolka exclaimed in shock. "Why did you leave such important info out?"

"I just assumed she would talk her way out it." The group started to panic.

"Guys, guys, relax. I'm pretty sure Teal and Smallfoot are on their way up here with the others to free us from this prison." Fleem assured. Then the Stonekeeper approached the cell with Teal held by the wrist. He unlocks the door with a key and shove her on the floor and quickly locks the door.

"...or not."

"All of you will learn one day, all you will learn." The Stonekeeper muttered bluntly to himself, but yet, he wanted to tell them that. The Stonekeeper instantly left them. Teal was panting as she cried; she did not bother to get up. The group went to her aid.

"Teal!"

"Oh, my goodness!"

"Are you okay!?"

Teal whimpered to herself. "I-I'm sorry, If-failed you all."

"Deep breaths, deep breaths," Gwangi told to do.

"What happened down there with your father? Where's the Smallfoot?" Migo begged.

"The Smallfoot is left downstairs, my father d-did not see him thankfully." She to a deep breath. Tears came rolling down her eyes. "He's coming."

"Your father?" Kolka asked. Teal nodded. She didn't want to say it. It's so horrible. It wasn't something a yet would do. Then she finally had the nerve to say it though her lips.

"He's coming for the Smallfoots."

...

No words were spoken, but intense fear settled in the room, and it's not going anywhere.

A little bit of daylight soon came to the sky, creating brand new dawn for a brand new day. Some of the dawn's light made down through the frozen lake and descending into the yeti village. All the yetis seemed to wake up around the same time when the daylight hit their faces. The villagers and their kids walked out of their houses, ready to start their typical day. But they're seemingly ordinary morning is interrupted by few rings of the gong.