Chapter 5

NO!

No friggin' way. There is no god damn way I'm actually gay for him! or at all! I mean, it's Brandon. If I were into guys, he wouldn't even be my type, just like how I'm not his. Which oddly hurts knowing I'm not his type, but that's just about ego, okay? Nothing to do with the idea that I secretly like him in any way other than as a friend, which I am all for! I have no problem having him for a friend again or, dare I say, best friend. It would be nice to have a guy best friend.

I'd still need to keep it secret since everyone would think I'm gay, but he can be my dirty little secret, right? Nothing wrong with that.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Haley and I would go to the ends of the earth and beyond for her, but even I gotta admit, it can be a bit much, us being part of two different spectrums and all. Yeah, we give each other advice on guys and girls. Yeah, I wind up doing most of the work when we work in teams. Yeah, she's a little, how did the Adams Family put it, kooky and spooky? But that's what I love about her! She Knows I don't like relying on other people, so she lets me do the work, so I don't have to.

Or she's just lazy.

Probably that.

She's weird, hell she went as broy Batman for Halloween last year. Batbro. Complete with ugly ponytail, a cape that read 'Ride or Die', a black tank top with an upside-down bat on the front, a backwards cap, old beer bottles attached to the belt and my old Batman skateboard from freshman year. She tried doing a kick-flip and broke her ankle. We didn't even do anything, she just wanted to. She thought it would be funny.

It was.

We tell each other everything. I mean, no, I don't sit and talk about Maddy, but I still love her. I MEAN, not LOVE her love her, more like...the way I would love a dog, if I had one. WAIT, NO, I MEAN, like, in the way I love Haley! NO! Like, like...like...like, the way I love X-men? Yeah, that's it! Like, I could sit here for hours with her and listen to her talk about the same thing over and over and over and...over...and over...

I'm saying it and even I'm not buying it.

You know what? Screw it, maybe I do like Brandon! Maybe if I was with him instead, he would let me talk, even though I don't say much as is. Maybe I would get into grunge with him and we can talk about it and come up with our own theories, unlike how she doesn't get into my comics. And maybe I can teach him how to fix a computer cause Maddy doesn't wanna mess up her nails. Maybe he would let me sit and stare into those big, beautiful, gem like eyes.

Yes, THEY'RE PRETTY!

And maybe we could just lay in bed and watch movies all day without it needing to get 'touchy' and just be together. Or we could. It's not that I don't like Maddy touching me. I don't really like anyone touching me. I can touch them, but I don't like it the other way around. It makes sense, shut up. Honestly, I don't think it would be too bad being with him if that were the case. Maybe there's a possibility I am gay for him. Maybe I WANT to have a crush on him.

Wait...do I even wanna be with Maddy?

"Hey, Danny bear!"
"Ah!" I screamed as Maddy tackled me from behind. She jumped back and everyone around was staring at me, like I just got shot. "I mean...sup?" I said as I nervously leaned against my locker.
"What the hell was that?" She asked.
"Well, I just-uh, you see, um-well-just-uh-how-haw-a-who-what are you-you do-do-do you come here often?" Smooth move, Ex-Lax.
"What?"
"Sorry. You just...caught me off guard."
"Okay. Sorry I scared you, I guess."

I also don't like people sneaking up on me, but that's for a totally different reason.

"God, D. You screamed like you just saw your parents get murder horrifically. Like, they were slowly gutted while the murderer stared into your eyes and promised that you wouldn't be hurt because he had plans for you, but his plans were just to cast you in Kazam, which in reality, is a fate far worse than death, and he-"
"Haley. You're scaring the straight's."
"Speaking of which," Maddy asked. Okay, poor choice of words. "How did it go?"
"How did what go?" I asked, still bringing myself to reality.
"Your date with your boyfriend," Haley spoke up before leaving me at my locker.