23

Fifteen minutes later, the six of us were sitting in front of the principals office, all our parents inside, arguing. Kevins parents kept arguing that he's on the football team, this kind of thing is going to happen, especially to a-well, me and Brandon. Masons were more upset that they had to take off work. He didn't seem phased, though. As always, he had that cocky attitude because he knew nothing would really happen. Rileys kept making the excuse that 'this isn't like him, he would never.' They tried to play the special needs card, but nobody was buying it. Eric's weren't even there. They never were. Eric was very...Ben. Broken home, nobody to ask for help.

At the very least, I hope he's happy with himself.

While we waited in the hall, I was cleaning Brandon off, his face and hands covered in blood. They already know the photos aren't fake, so why bother pretending it is, especially when Brandon is like this. He keeps shaking, like he's more afraid of himself than anyone else. He kept quietly saying sorry, but I knew that wasn't for me. Not fully, anyway. I don't think he knew he was capable of acting like that.

His parents showed up, but were more concerned about us than anything else. They've known about us practically since day one. They were supportive, but as cautious. I think they were more upset about having to leave work than the actual fight. Not that they don't care, but until recently, they were down here practically everyday because of how bad the rumor was.

Mine, on the other hand...well, I don't what they thought. I never really do.

Everyone came out of the office after some time. Kevins dad grabbed him by the collar and dragged him away, yelling at him in Vietnamese. Riley just got his mom staring at him and he stood up, his head down and shoulders slumped as he walked in front of her. Mason's gestured for him to get up and walked away without waiting. Eric just left. His parents never showed and I think the principal knew that, so he was let go.

And then there were two.

Brandon and I were still in the hall, listening in on the conversation. I tried holding his hand, but he kept taking it away. I tried to sit close to him, he practically pushed me off him. He won't even look at or say anything. What's with him? Does he think I'm afraid of him now? Or is this the out he wanted me to take? I don't know what he's planning, but I already don't like it.

I could hear them going off on the principle as we waited. A loud as his dad was, it's hard not to.

"If you had been doing something from the start. this wouldn't have happened!" His dad yelled.
"Do you think I enjoy bringing you down here every other day?" The principle responded.
"Maybe if you weren't so god damn useless and actually did your fucking job, this wouldn't be an issue!"
"I've told you time and again, without evidence-"
"Is this not enough?!"

They were yelling for so long, I didn't think it would ever end. I don't even think my parents got a word in. They were probably trying to figure out how to deal with me. I don't even know what to do with me.

Eventually, when the yelling died down, we got called in.

"Alright," He stated, leaning over his desk. He had copies of the photos on his desk spread out for everyone to see. "All of this has come down to the two of you.I don't know whats going, but I want answers and I want them now." Like he ever does.
"This isn't our fault," I argued.
"Yet this all started because of you two. Specifically you," He said, pointing to Brandon. "This has gone on for over a year, what with these rumors and talks about you being 'gay' and now you've dragged someone else into this mess. I'm sick of dealing with this and at this point, I don't even care why this happened, but I want answers and I want them now."

He had his answers, but like always, he didn't do anything about it. He just sat in his office, flirting with his secretary and watching the girls get sweaty in gym. Whenever something like this happened, Brandon was the one who took all the blame and everyone else got away without so much as a warning. I think the only reason he didn't get expelled was because he couldn't pin anything in him.