Chapter 19

"What the fuck?!"

There was only so much time we could be alone, since Haley was in the living room with Angel and Rico, getting along about as well as I thought. Until she was given power.

"Why did you let her play Mortal Kombat?" I asked.
"I didn't," Brandon answered. "I hid it specifically because I knew she shouldn't be playing it." Haley's unhealthy thirst for violence didn't end with the campaign of carnage. It transfered over to Mortal Kombat, the game of blood and broken bones that the presidents hag thought was a national travesty.

Did I use that right?

"Why are you this good at a game?" Rico asked. "There's like, five things you can do." Every fighter on the roster and not once could he match with Haley.
"'Cause you're a scrub," Haley replied. The only one she ever needed was Goro. You would think Mileena, given she's the more violent monster, but Goro had power, a wicked ponytail and four arms.

Arms she wished would rip her in half.

I was in the kitchen with Angel and Brandon, doing homework as he worked on dinner. Never thought I'd meet someone whose food was better than my grandmothers. But she's dead now, so someone has to be.

"Wait, so Eric is the horny twink you were dating that always looks like he's coked out of his mind?" Angel asked as I recounted what happened with Eric.
"Now that you mention it, he did have a coke nail on his dashboard," I replied.

I only know what that it's because of Carrie Fisher was wearing one in A New Hope.

"I told you I didn't trust him. I told you day one he was more trouble than he was worth."
"Yeah, I know," Brandon replied. "It's over now, doesn't matter."
"It does when he's trying to take what's yours."
"Did you think I was trouble, too?" I asked.
"No, baby, you're good. The only trouble you're gonna be is when your boyfriend doesn't take care of himself."

Preaching to the choir.

"It's fine, Angel," Brandon reassured. "He won't do anything."
"How do you know that?"
"How do you explain that not only have two guys tried sleeping with you, but one of them is your ex-friend that made his feelings about hating you very clear in front of everyone?" She thought for a moment, the expression on her face changing with every new emotion.
"Plus I broke his driver side window and threw his keys in a back yard with a pitbull that may or may not have been on steroids."
"You break up with this one, I'ma kick ya ass myself."

Maybe letting her be friends with Haley isn't a great idea.

He's right, though. It would be a hard to explain, seeing how Eric sleeps with everyone. It was one thing with Brandon, that was an isolated incident. With me, I don't know. Going off on Kevin in front of everyone, Mason's outburst at the mall, even Brandon punching him, nobody would believe anything they say anymore. I don't know how he got the rumor around the first time, but I don't think it'll work again, especially since the first one is old news.

The new big thing is the art teacher murdering people and leaving hints about where the bodies are in his work.

All eyes are back on Madison, too, and she will NOT let them leave her again. She may like to gossip, but I feel sorry for the poor bastard that makes a new story bigger than her. The Goosebump's ass story about the art teacher is really picking up, though.

"What'cha guys talkin' 'bout?" Rico said, waltzing into the kitchen, looking defeated.
"You wanna be in the conversation so bad, why were you over there with your new girlfriend?" Angel replied.
"Gross," Haley spoke up.
"Why not? Don't think you can handle a man like this?"
"No man will have me," She stated, as if giving the final line in an epic battle.