Chapter 13- into the future one year

It been a year since me and Sam had that argument but we are cool now. Also been a year since Lincoln's first cavity.

Also a new year for me.... I'm officially a qualified dentist... but I really haven't told Lincoln since he doesn't like that dentist

I'm not really Sam's assistant but I still work there.

I've been on and on about my family and their dental hygiene... thanks to being a dentist now.
Sam will be proud of me!

I get up the next morning to it raining outside. I roll out of bed I think jack and Lincoln are already down there.
I go to the bathroom, get dressed, brushed my teeth and the rest of my morning routine

I headed downstairs to see my loving husband I kissed him in the cheek "good morning jack"

Then I picked up Lincoln and gave him a big hug
"Good morning daddy" he exclaimed

I set him down back in his chair and I make some toast.
Once the toast was done I put peanut butter in it which was delicious.

10 min later I say goodbye to jack and Lincoln got my shoes on grabbed my keys then headed to work.

I hope we are not overpacked I'm not in the mood to stress even being a dentist is an extremely stressful job.

I parked my car got out and locked it then went in. The waiting room had at least 4 families but not has bad as usual.

I clocked in and grabbed my first appointment file.... her name was Shelby Parker... She was around Sam's age

"Shelby Parker" I said professional she stood up and walked up to me. I extended my hand she shook it I led her back to an exam room and seated her.

"I'm Dr. Winston Jr" I say

"Wait is that you chip?" Shelby said looking at me.

"Yes ma'm my brother trained me and I'm now a qualified dentist" I explain

"Congrats Chip! How's Jack and your brother?" She said
I put a bib on her. Washed my hands applied gloves and a mask. Then reclined her back.

"All's good" I say

"How's my grandson Lincoln?" She asked as I grabbed my mirror and explorer

"Good He is 7 years old already can't you believe that " I chuckle

She chuckled

"Open please" I say as I grab the light and position it over her mouth.

She opened and I slip my tools in my mouth. I heard a knock on my door I stopped what I was doing. "Excuse me miss Parker it's probably sam" I chuckled as I got up and opened the door up revealing Sam.

I looked back at Shelby. "See I told you" I chuckled

"Who's this patient?"sam said he was holding a handful of xrays and files.

"Shelby Parker, Jacks mom" I explain

"Shelby?" Sam says as he walks closer into the room.

She smiled and waved. "How's life Shelby?" Sam asked

"All's good" She says

Sam hands her a sticky note. It had Shelby's phone number.

I finished the examination took the xrays everything looks good in my patients mouth today was a good day.

I went through a few more patients.. and helped sam with one wisdom teeth removal surgery.. I'm still nervous to do one of those good thing sam is a good teacher.

I got home I saw Jack and Lincoln sleeping together on the couch. That was adorable... tommorow is gonna be a busier day I can feel it.