chapter 8

Days went by in a flash. It was now time for the christmas party. Rokuro was all prepared to propose to his beloved. The best ring he could afford, the best romantic situation, the presence of everyone and all.

Rokuro Pov

I was hella nervous. So nervous that I started to watch some confession clips of anime. I don't know if that helped though. It was  really cold that that night. I was all ready for the school christmas party .

"BENIO! ARE YOU READY YET?" I asked her from downstairs.

"I am ready" she says has she walks down the stairs. Her hair was tied in a braided ponytail. She wore her clips as usual . The ones given by me. Her black dress upto her knees, frilly at the end,her  sleeves covering her hands upto her wrist ,all tight. She wore high heels . Black ones.  She looked so elegant.

"How do I look?" she asked.

I could feel my face getting hot. "You don't really look pretty.......you look AmAzing!"

"Thank you" she blushed.

"Of course she does! She is my Benio sama you stupid imp!" said Kinako

"I agree. Ummmm.....Benio nee~chan.....did you like the hairstyle?"

"I love it Arimori. Thank you very much dear" said Benio.

"Well, we are heading out" I said waving my hand.

"Take care of her !" said Arimori.

" I don't need you to tell me you idiot!"

*bump* "Stop arguing. Let us go already, Ryogo san is here to pick us up" says Benio hitting me and Arimori in our heads. That's usual stuff.

We arrive at the party.

"YOU're LATE!" screamed Mayura.

"Well at least they came. Calm down" said Shimon being usual Shimon.

Mayura takes Benio's hand and drags her to the stage as they start dancing.

"Is everything ready?" I asked Shimon.

"Yeah. You told the head exorcist after all. He will try to make it 120% perfect. Don't worry."

"So when are you two talk to Seigen?" I asked

"About that.....we already did."

"How are you still alive bro?"

"Don't 'bro' me Enmandou."

"Cut it out already. Spit out how you're still alive? Did he accept you?" I asked all curious .

"He approved. He looked away and said : I don't mind as long as there is someone to keep my stupid daughter in line. Just don't get infected by her stupidity"

"Woah........." I say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"It's time rokuro." says mayura.

"I know" I say tho I was really nervous. What if she says no?

I slap myself. I go up to the stage.

"Can I get your attention please?"

All lights on me,all eyes on me. The whole gymnasium was dark except the stage.

"Hey....as you all know, I graduated not so long ago. So......um....uh........."

I take a deep breathe . " Benio, will you do me the honor to invite you to the stage?"

Benio was surprised. Her face told it all. She approached the stage as I offer her my hand. She gets on the stage.

I take both her hand on mine, "Benio, I know it is sudden, but I wanted to say it all really long ago. When we first met.....we were in well...bad terms. I always though your a cold face.  Then we went through a lot. Hard times, happy times. We promised to be stronger together. We challenged the 12 heavenly guardians. In this period of time, I discovered your soft side. The side softer than cotton candy, purer then clouds. I fell in love with you. I really love you. I wanna spend my whole life with you, I want to be by your side for all your life. I want to grow old with you. Be the father to your kids. Want to give you the happiness that every girl wants"

The whole gymnasium becomes lighted with the lights of christmas tree. It is exactly 12 AM. I go to my knees "Marry me Benio. I promise to be the best husband".

Benio POV

"Marry me Benio. I promise to be the best husband" Rokuro says .

Tears come to my eyes. These are most sweet words.

"SAY YES!" screams the whole gymnasium.

"I will be honored to be your wife . But wait.......will you love anyother girl beside me. If anyone more attractive than me come to you , will you leave me?"

"Well ,I am not sure if I will leave you but I am sure that the next girl I will love will call you mom." I kiss him. I could not handle myself anymore. He is looking too cute to not kiss.

He then took my hands and make me wear the ring.

"I know it is not the best ring. But that is all I could afford with my money."

"It's the best. I really really love it. It is more valuable than anything"

It is not the man's wealth that matters. The thing that matters is if he is willing to spend it on you. Rokuro always tries his best to give me the best gifts. I really love and cherish them. Those hair clips and now this ring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter 9 preview: "You have grown up,Rokuro"