Five

Chapter 5

After breakfast, Ivy went to take a shower while the boys talked about her, like she couldn't make her own choices. She did see what the big deal was. No one said anything about them sharing a bed at the center. Why would being at home be any different?

"Jimmy, I'm not saying you can't be with her. I'm just saying be careful with her", Cas said, putting the last breakfast plate in the cabinet.

"What about what she wants?" Jimmy asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"I'm gonna be truthful. I think you are the first guy to show her true affection, and it may just be a crush," Cas replied, looking at Jimmy.

"That's not fair, Cas," Dean said, "And he is not the first Bennys always been kind to her, and she had a crush for a while, but it never went anywhere, and Ash never really hurt her."

"Ok fair point," Cas said. "I'm just looking out for Ivy. She still needs to work through everything. She has been through a lot, and she died.

"Cas, maybe you should take her out shopping for something she how she does," Dean said.

"Good Idea," Cas said.

Jimmy nodded in agreement; he headed to his room to get ready for the day.

Dean headed to their room, Cas right behind him. He was worried.

"Babe, I wasn't saying anything bad about Ivy; I just worry, that's all," Cas said.

"I know, but Ivy's had a crush, and she knows what she wants, and the more you push her, the more she pushes back. I'm sure that's why she said she was bad. I know she talked back and tried to fight; it who she is," Dean said, opening the door to their room.

"I know she amazes me every day, I know Jimmy," Cas said.

"He seems to be sticking to his promises," Dean said, sticking up for him.

"I know, but I've been burned a lot by him," Cas said, pointing at Dean.

"Just go out with Ivy and see what's up in it, a crush or what," Dean said, hoping that would help ease his and Cas's anxiety about Ivy and Jimmy.

Cas nodded. He didn't want to fight with Dean about this, and he did want Ivy and Jimmy to be happy. Cas and Ivy went out for lunch and do a little shopping, Dean had to work, and Jimmy was going to sleep. He had the late shift at the bar.

"Why you against me and Jimmy?" Ivy asked when they got into the car.

"I'm not against it; I just think you should take things slower," Cas said replied, turning on the car and putting it in the drive.

"We take extra slow; just kiss that all," Ivy said.

"Wait, you kissed him?" Cas asked, surprised. He figured she would shy away from that type of affection.

"Yes, it was nice, never like before but like with him," Ivy said with a shrug.

"Ivy," Cas said, shocked.

"What? You kiss Dean," Ivy replied defensively.

"Yes, Dean and I do kiss, but we were not locked in a facility for half our lives," Cas reminded her.

"Not my fault. No one believes me," Ivy replied defensively.

"Ivy, that's not what I mean," Cas replied, pulling into the parking lot of the mall.

"You mean cuz I raped?" Ivy asked, keeping her head down.

"Yes, that's not something you just get over," Cas said, pulling into a parking spot.