Thirteen

Chapter 13

6 months later

Dean was still mad that Ivy and Jimmy were engaged. She wouldn't change her mind about marrying Jimmy; Benny was more than happy that Ivy found herself a man to take care of her. He tried talking sense into Dean one night at a pool hall.

"Come on, brotha. You gotta let it go," Benny said with a laugh.

"No, Benny, I don't trust him," Dean said, taking a swing of his beer.

"Why not? He has proven over and over again his sticking to his word. Dean, brotha tell me what's up for real," Benny said.

"I'm the one that protects her; I have taken care of Ivy our whole lives," Dean replied, picking at the label on the bottle.

Benny laughed, "You sound like a daddy, Dean. That girl loves you and will always come to you when she needs you; Jimmy gives her things you can't," Benny raised an eyebrow.

"I know man, I don't wanna talk about this anymore, wanna play," Dean said thumbing over his shoulder at the pool table.

"Yeah let's play," Benny said, standing.

******************

Jimmy and Cas were hanging out at home, while Ivy and Pepper went to Peppers training class, "Hey Jody, what's up? She what? Yeah, I'm on my way," Jimmy said.

"What happened?" Cas asked after Jimmy jumped up off the couch grabbing the car keys.

"Ivy got arrested and freaked out when she got handcuffed," Jimmy rubbed his face.

"Well, why was she arrested in the first place," Cas asked, following Jimmy out the front door,

"I don't know, Cas, we will find out," Jimmy said, pulling the front door open.

Jimmy and Cas pulled up to the station at the same time Benny and Dean did. They all walked in together. Pepper barked when she saw them, "What did you mama do?' Jimmy asked, petting her.

"She punched a guy and he is pressing charges," Jody said.

Dean started laughing, "Why?" he asked.

"It's not funny, man, she and that dogs are a menace to the class; that dog shouldn't be allowed in there," the guy said, through a stuffy nose.

"Why not? It's open for all dogs, all breeds?' Jimmy said, turning toward the man.

"Peppers not aggressive," Jody said, petting Pepper's head.

"No, but Ivy is always saying stuff and showing off," the man huffed.

"Why don't you tell them what you said to her?" Jody said.

The man sat down, folding his arms across his chest, looking away from the boys. They looked at Jody.

"He told her she should be at home in the kitchen pregnant and barefoot," Jody said, "I'm not gonna press charges; the class instructor says he messes with her and Pepper all the time Ivy does her best but that one touched a nerve."

Jimmy was fuming, "You son of a bitch," he yelled, getting in the man's face. Ivy already hated that she couldn't get pregnant, and to have it thrown in her face even tho the man didn't know made Jimmy see red.

"Jimmy, come on man, don't need both of you locked up," Benny said grabbing Jimmy before he could do anything,

"How dare you," Jimmy said, pointing at the man.

"What, that's where she belongs," the man replied smugly.

"She can never have children," Dean said, walking back outside to calm down before he was locked up too.