Eight

Chapter 8 

The next morning Ivy was excited to start her new job at the garage. She bounced in her seat as Dean drove them to work. He smiled at his sister as they pulled into the gravel parking lot. Ivy practically ran out of the car, Dean yelling for her to slow down as he trailed behind. Ivy greeted Bobby while asking what he wanted to be filed. Bobby led the way to a closet full of papers and cardboard boxes.

"When last time this organized?" Ivy asked, looking around.

"It's been a while. If you need anything, just holler Dean, or I will come help," Bobby said.

"Ok, and thank you," Ivy replied, looked through the box in the front.

"Anytime," Bobby said as .left to go work on a car, leaving Ivy to file how she pleased.

Ivy figured date may be the easiest way, and it would be easier to find if Bobby needed to. She sat down on the floor with the first box and started organizing. She didn't hear Dena walk up and nearly threw the whole box of papers when he yelled er name.

"What?' Ivy yelled back, annoyed that she was startled.

"I've been calling you," Dean said.

"Sorry, no hear. What do you want?" Ivy asked, turning to look at Dean.

"You hungry?' Dean asked.

"Yes, thank you," Ivy replied, turning back to what she was doing.

"You wanna come with me to Benny's or wait here?" Dean asked.

"Ivy thought about it for a few minutes, "I wait here; I'm almost done with this box," she replied.

Dean asked what she wanted and left, yelling to Bobby that Ivy was staying behind. It was too long after Dean left that Bobby came to the room to talk to Ivy.

"Ivy?" Bobby asked.

"Yes," Ivy answered, not looking up at the man.

"There someone here to see you," Bobby said, a smile in his voice making Ivy look at him.

"Who? No one knows here," ivy asked, a bit of fear rising up in her; she only knew a few people, and Jimmy was sleeping right now.

"Just come see," Bobby said, coaxing her out of the closet.

Ivy sighed and followed Bobby to the front; she knew that Bobby wouldn't let anything happen to her. However, she was still uneasy about whoever it was waiting for her upfront. She frowned when she spotted the tall, salt, and pepper haired man standing by the desk; he gave her a soft smile.

"Baby girl?' John greeted.

"Daddy, what you doing here," Ivy questioned. She folded her arms across her chest.

"I came to see you," John said.

"Go away; you don't care about me," Ivy said, anger building up in her. How dare he show up after all these years. It was his fault in the first place, everything that happened to her.

"Now that's not true; I love you," John replied. The hurt in his voice did nothing to soothe the anger Ivy still harbored for the man.

"Is too, you left Dean and me," Ivy replied; she could feel the tears pricking at her eyes, she refused to cry in front of him.

"I went to get sober," John replied. It had taken him years to get where he was now.

"Why no tell us?" Ivy asked.

John looked confused, turning to the door when he heard the bell jingle.

"She wants to know why you didn't tell us," Dean said, stepping around the man to hand his sister her lunch.