Chapter 10

Ivy and Jimmy both slept in until Pepper was crying at the door.

"I sorry you got to potty?" Ivy asked Pepper as she got out of the bed.

Pepper barked in response. The little dog followed Ivy into the back yard rushing out, sniffed around until she found a good spot.

Jimmy bought her a hot chocolate; Ivy smiled, giving Jimmy a quick kiss before taking a sip of her drink.

"Thanks; what were they doing last night?" Ivy asked.

"They got drunk and couldn't get the key in the door!" Jimmy said.

"Idiots," Ivy replied, taking another sip.

"Pepper protected you," Jimmy said fondly, watching the puppy explore the backyard.

"Yes, she did. She's a good puppy. Thank you for getting her," Ivy said, kissing him again before sitting down at the table.

"You know I just wanna make you happy," Jimmy said.

"Thank you, and I wanna make you happy," Ivy smiled, turning her attention to Pepper.

"I know, no more hiding under the sink that's a step back," Jimmy said gently. He knew that Ivy was trying, but they had promised to always make an attempt to talk about what was bothering them.

"I trying. It's hard; I was scared for so long, then yesterday that man try to take me," Ivy said, picking Pepper up snuggling her when she felt the puppy paw at her leg.

Jimmy nodded, "I know, baby, I know how hard this is for you. I want you to come to me and talk to me like I talk to you," he said.

"I try harder. I just feel bad," Ivy sighed and looked down at Pepper as she curled up in Ivy's lap, "I can't give you babies," she finished with a sad voice. It was something she had been thinking about a lot lately now that she and Jimmy were getting more serious.

"Where is this coming from? Baby, you know I don't care. I'm happy with you," Jimmy said, taking her face in his hands.

"What if one day you decide you want kids?" Ivy asked, tears filling her eyes.

"Than we can adopt," Jimmy replied.

Ivy sighed and looked away.

"Baby, we will talk about it when the time comes, ok?" Jimmy said, kissing her gently on the lips.

"Fine," Ivy said, setting Pepper back down before standing moving over to the backdoor. "I need to go pet store," Ivy said, "Maybe I learn how to drive."

"No way, I will take you," Dean said, overhearing what she was saying as Ivy walked back inside.

"Why no way?" Ivy asked, picking Pepper up.

"Because I am not teaching you how to drive, you can barely work the coffee pot," Dean replied.

"Can too," Ivy retorted.

"No, you really can't," Cas said, laughing.

"You gang up on me?' Ivy asked.

"I'll teach you. We can get you a clunker from Bobby's," Jimmy said, coming in behind her.

"NO!" Dean said, slamming the fridge door.

"I pay, I work," Ivy said.

"The answer is no, now let it go. Get dressed. We will be late and get something Pepper can use as a leash," Dean replied.

Ivy went to get dressed, Pepper right behind her, mumbling about Dean being an asshole.

"Dean, why not?" Jimmy asked.