Chapter 6

Jimmy headed to work after dinner giving Ivy a quick kiss, much to Dean dislike knowing his sister was making a show of it because she was mad at him. Cas was avoiding his phone, sighing when he checked to see who was calling.

"I swear I'm gonna change my phone number," Cas said, leaning back resting his head on Dean's shoulder.

"We can do it in the morning," Dean said, yawning.

"Ready for bed?" Cas asked, lifting his head to look at Dean.

"Yup, I'll lock up. Will you check on Ivy?" Dean asked, moving off the couch towards the front door.

"She still mad at you?" Cas laughed.

"I think I was too harsh on her; I'll let her do what she wants when it comes to Jimmy," Dean sighed, double-checking the locks.

"I think that's a good idea," Cas said, going to check on Ivy.

Cas opened the door without thinking; Ivy glared at him, "Why no one knock?" ivy asked, turning around throwing her hands up in the air.

"I'm sorry. I guess we are used to you not caring," Cas replied, looking a bit sheepish.

"I care now. Privacy," Ivy said, turning back around looking at her fish tank.

"You are right; how are the fish?' Cas asked, changing the subject.

"They good. I think they like it," ivy said, looking up at Cas when she saw him move next to her out of the corner of her eye.

"Do you like them?" Cas made sure.

"Yes, that's splish," Ivy said, pointing to the black googly-eyed fish, "and that's splash," she pointed to the Dalmanation one.

"I like that," Dean said from the doorway.

"I no talk to you," Ivy said, giving Dean the stink eye.

"Ivs come on, I didn't mean it," Dean pleaded. He hated when Ivy was mad at him.

Ivy didn't reply. She continued looking at the fish swimming around, getting acquainted with the new tank.

"We are going to bed; you should too," Cas said, patting Ivy on the shoulder.

"I will in a little bit," Ivy said, pulling her legs up on the bed to sit crisscross.

"If you have a nightmare, we are right upstairs," Cas reassured her.

"Ok, thank you. Goodnight," ivy replied, not looking at either man.

Cas closed the door behind him, whispering to Dean that she would get over it just give her a few hours.

Ivy waited up, watching her fish acclimate to their new tank; she smiled, watching them interact, "I glad I got you, friend; lock-up can be lonely," Ivy said, sighing. She turned off the light on the tank and the lamp on her bedside table and slid under her covers and fell asleep to the sound of the water filter.

When Ivy woke up in the morning, hearing someone speaking loudly, she grabbed her sweater and opened the door to see what was going on.

"Cas?" Ivy asked, hearing his voice.

"Hey, sweetheart, I'm sorry. I woke you up?" Cas asked.

"Where, Jimmy?" Ivy asked; now that she was awake, she realized he wasn't in bed with her.

"Sit down," Cas said, leading Ivy over to the couch.

Jimmy, not ok?" ivy asked, her voice cracked with worry.