Fourteen

Chapter 14

It had been a week and still nothing. Ivy didn't know if her boys were dead or alive, and it was wearing on her; Bobby kept her busy at the garage most days.

"Ivy, you alright?" Bobby asked, watching Ivy mope around the garage.

"No," she said, "I'm sorry, Uncle Bobby, I just miss my boys." Ivy sniffed, thinking about how much she missed Dean, Jimmy, and Cas.

"Why don't you head home? You can finish this tomorrow," Bobby told her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, girl, go on, Pepper's out there greeting customers," Bobby replied, pointing to the front. He loved having the dog in a garage. Ivy had her well trained, and she would do pretty much anything for a treat.

"See you tomorrow," Ivy said, she turned calling for Pepper to come so they could walk home.

Ivy took the shortcut she sometimes likes to take through the park when Cole came out of nowhere, "What you want?" she asked.

"Just checking on you," Cole said as he walked towards her.

"Why do you care?" Ivy asked.

"Because I'm getting paid to care."

"Buy me food," Ivy said.

"Sounds good. What do you want a salad or something?" Cole asked, assuming that's what she wanted.

"Cheeseburger, Fries, and a milkshake," Ivy said, turning to walk home.

"Well, hot damn girl, you can eat," Cole said, surprised.

'Get the food," Ivy called over her shoulder.

,

Benny was getting ready to leave when Ivy and Pepper walked through the door. He was worried that something might be wrong. She shook her head, saying that Cole was coming over bringing her food. She might as well play along. She could learn where the boys were being kept. Benny nodded, telling her to be careful that he would be home late and Gabriel would be home around six; Ivy gave him a hug telling him to be careful.

Twenty minutes later, Cole showed up with burgers and milkshakes.

"My lady," he said, walking in the house when Ivy opened the door.

"Shut up," Ivy said, taking the bag of food and headed to the table.

"So still holding a vigil for Jimmy?" Cole questioned, following Ivy into the kitchen.

"Yes, he is my fiance," Ivy snapped.

"You keep saying that, but he's not here, and well... I'm here," Cole said, running his fingers down her arm.

"Don't touch me, don't ever touch me," Ivy yelled, shaking; Pepper growled, moving between Ivy and Cole, waiting for a command.

"Sorry, I forgot," Cole said, backing away his hands up in the air.

"Pep outside," Ivy said, opening the backdoor for her. The pup happily went with the lure or Coles burger.

"Hey, that one was mine," Cole protested.

"Should have bought more," Ivy said, taking a bite of hers after she shut the back door and took a seat at the table.

"I'll remember that for next get on for the dog," Cole sighed.

"What's in this for you?" Ivy asked, shoving a fry in her mouth.

"The money. It's good money," Cole said, drinking his milkshake.