Nine

Chapter 9

The car ride to work was quiet between Ivy and Dean, both lost in thought until Ivy spoke up about her thoughts on Lisa; Dean chuckled, saying it wasn't nice. Ivy shrugged, saying she didn't have to be nice.

"It's weird," Ivy commented, looking out the window.

"What is weird?" Dean asked.

"Bart, Dad, and now Lisa," Ivy replied.

"Yeah, it is kind of weird, but I don't think they are trying to break us up. At least not dad," Dean answered, looking over at his sister.

"I know they are," Ivy said with a huff.

"Ivs, that's not true," Dean answered.

"Is too; why else would they come?" Ivy replied, throwing her hands up in the air.

"I don't know, Ivs, I'm just saying." Dean started to say as they pulled into the parking lot.

"Whatever," Ivy said, getting out of the car.

"Ivy, wait, what are you worried about?" Dean called, chasing after her.

"Where do I go if you break up?" Ivy asked, turning to look at Dean folding her arms across her chest.

"You'd come with me," Dean said as if that was the obvious answer.

"What about Jimmy?" Ivy asked. The sadness in her voice did not go unmissed by her brother.

"You can stay with him, sis. If Cas and I broke up and that's a big if, you don't have to break up with Jimmy," Dean replied. It killed him that she thought she would have to break up with Jimmy just because he wasn't with Cas. He would never do that to her.

"Are you sure?" Ivy asked.

"Yeah, Ivy, I'm sure I wouldn't do that to you, and stop worrying about us breaking up, Cas and Jimmy are family, and we don't give up on family," Dean replied, pulling his sister into a hug.

Ivy nodded and headed into the garage. She said good morning to Bobby as she passed him. she headed into the file room, she promptly walked back out, "There's a snake," she said, turning and pointing.

"What kind?" Bobby asked, teasing her.

"Don't know, I didn't get a good look," Ivy replied.

"I'll get it, I'm Garth," he said, smiling at Ivy.

"Thanks," Ivy said, looking at Bobby; he shook his head.

"Not my fault you have critters in there," Ivy said.

"Get to work," Bobby said, teasing her.

Ivy laughed and headed back into the office when Garth gave the all-clear walking out snake in hand, putting it into a box to release far away from the garage. Dean shook his head, sliding out from under the car he was working on. Ivy told him to shut up; she didn't like snakes or spiders, which seemed to be a common thing in the closet. She was constantly having to stop and move the spiders feeling bad if she killed one. About an hour into filing, Ivy was being dragged out of the office. She was kicking and trying to scream.

"Shut up, or I'll kill your brother," the man growled in her ear.

"NO!" Ivy yelled, muffled from the hand over her mouth. She fought harder, Ivy ended up elbowing the man in the head. He dropped her, and she took off running back towards the garage, screaming for Dean or anyone who could hear her.

All three men came running from the garage. She slammed into her brother, sobbing.

"Ivy, what's wrong?" Dean said, holding her. He was trying to get her to calm down.