Seven

3 weeks later

Ivy thought it might be a good idea to get a job to help out around the house with bills or rent or something, even if she had spending money. As they sat around the breakfast table.

"Ivs, where you gonna get a job?" Dean asked, wondering where this was coming from.

"Don't know, gotta look," Ivy said, drinking her orange juice.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to get a job," Jimmy said, placing his arm on the back of her chair.

"I know I want to get one," Ivy sighed, setting her cup down.

"I can look, see if Bobby had something for you to do around the garage," Dean said, finding a compromise to Ivy getting a job.

"Ok, sound good," Ivy said, smiling.

Dean and Cas headed to their room to get ready for work, while Ivy and Jimmy cleaned up the breakfast dishes.

"Do you think it's a good idea? For Ivy to get a job?" Dean asked, turning around when they walking into the room.

"Yeah, actually I do; I think it will be terrific for her to get out of the house for a while during the day, and you can watch her," Cas replied.

"I'll talk to Bobby, and if not, I'm sure Ellen will have something for her," Dean rubbed his face. At least in the house, he knew she was safe.

"Are you ok?" Cas asked

"Yeah, it's just I never thought about Ivy getting a job or having a boyfriend. It's a lot to take in," Dean replied.

Cas nodded, stating that it was good that Ivy wanted to do those things, and Jimmy was good for her, and she was good for him. It was all working out how it was supposed to. Gabriel and Ivy still do speech together; she and Cas still have sessions even though it's in the house and after he gets off work, but he doesn't mind his happiness when Ivy feels up for sharing. Dean knew that it was all good things, a step in the right direction, but it was hard for him to think of her in any other way.

Cas agreed, but they would all get there one day; it would take time like everything else. They both changed their clothes and headed down the stairs when they were done saying goodbye to Jimmy and Ivy as the couple headed out the door.

***********************

Ivy and Jimmy were hanging out. It was his day off, so they were going to spend the day together. Not that Ivy had anything else she was doing, but they never had the house to themselves, at least not while Jimmy was awake and he worked the late-night shift at the bar.

"Baby, you wanna go out to lunch?' Jimmy asked.

"No, stay here; we have the house to ourselves," Ivy said, sliding into Jimmy's lap.

"Oh, really?" Jimmy said, placing his hands on her hips.

Ivy blushed and covered her face at what Jimmy was implying. She knew that he would never force himself on her, so she didn't mind when he teased her about sex. Ivy slid out of his lap back on to the couch. Jimmy quickly apologized for making her uncomfortable.

"We all alone," Ivy said.

"I don't think we have ever truly been alone," Jimmy said in a thoughtful tone.

"I know," Ivy said.

"Is Gabriel coming today?" Jimmy asked; he was never awake when his older brother came to the house.

"For dinner. He says I too grumpy in the morning," Ivy rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Jimmy laughed, "You are a little grump in the morning," he said.