Chapter 23

I was running fast. I don't know where I'm at, I'm just running. I stop to look around and I'm in a neighbor hood. My neighborhood! It was just before sundown and I was walking up to the porch of my home. "HELP" I herd somebody scream. I ran into the house. There were blood on the walls and everything was trashed. I ran into the kitchen and I saw Cameron. He was smiling. "Hi Cass" he said walking over to me and hugging me. I hugged him back before I soon felt something wet on my stomach. I looked down and there was blood on my shirt. It came from Cameron. "Cameron?" I asked. "I'm sorry Cassandra... I love you" he said his eyes getting droopy. "Cameron!!!! No please!" I screamed. He fell on me and we both fell to the floor. I gently pushed him off me and I grabbed all the towels in the kitchen in a rush. Tears were streaming down my face. I ran back to cameron and wrapped the towels around his torso. I crawled over to his head and set it in my lap. I stoked his hair. Tears dropped on his face. "I'm sorry too" I whispered. "I'm sorry I had to do that" a familiar voice said. I looked up and it was my ex boyfriend.

I woke up in a sudden panic.

I sit up and I was breathing hard and my face was wet from crying.

I looked around and Shawn wasn't here. I looked at my phone and it was 5 am.

I grabbed it and called Nash.

It rang about 4 times before I herd Nash's voice.

"Hello?"

"N-Nash" I sniffled

"Cass? What's wrong?"

"I-I had a dream an-and Cameron d-d-died, and I-I am all a-alone"

"Cass he's alright! He's right next to me sleeping"

"You guys m-made up?"

"Yeah. Long story but I forgave him, I mean of course I'm still mad at him but that was 3 months ago. Anyways your okay right? Living over there by yourself? I haven't talked to you in a month"

"I know I'm sorry Nash, there's so much work and I'm working on music so that takes away time"

"I'm happy your happy there. Make any new friends?"

"A couple, but most of them only come up to me to have me say that they love you"

He laughed "well I miss you! When are you going to be out here?"

"I'm not sure? I mean Christmas is in a month so I will be down then"

"Sweet! Can't wait!"

~~~

We talked all morning until I had to get ready for the day.

I was on my way to study hall and I bumped into someone, making me drop all my books.

"I am so sorry!" He said helping me pick them up.

"It's no problem" I smiled looking up at his big brown eyes.

We stared at each other for a while before I looked down.

We both laughed. "I'm Sam. Sam Wilkinson"

"I'm Cassandra but you can call my Cass. I prefer it!"

"Okay... Cass... What class do you have right now?"

"I'm going to study hall. I need to catch up on my homework"

"I'm going to study hall too! We can walk together if you'd like"

"Sure Sam" I smiled.

We stared walking to study hall.

"So why do you need to catch up on your homework?"