Notebooks and Quarries

"Ow! What the fuck dude! Didn't anyone ever teach you not to walk straight into a fucking guy on a skateboard?" Eddie spewed angrily towards the boy who knocked him flat on the ground. He looked up at the stranger whilst continuing to stay on the ground. "Well? Got anything to say asshole? Maybe an apology?" The curly haired boy with glasses just stood there with his mouth open, gaping like a fish with his hands frozen on an open notebook. Then as if he seemed to finally notice the spiteful glare Eddie was shooting at him, he fumbled with his notebook and quickly scrawled something down and handed it to Eddie. I'm so sorry for knocking you down, I was looking around and I completely zoned out and didn't see you. Sorry again. Eddie frowned. "I guess I accept your apology, but why aren't you talking? I mean obviously you can hear me but like, what's the deal? I'm Eddie by the way." The boy looked like he was in pain for only a second before taking back the notebook. Eddie studied his face as the other boy wrote in his loopy scrawl. Curly dark hair, thick, black framed glasses and freckles across his face like stars. His face seemed to glow like the moon as well. He tore his eyes away when the boy handed him the notebook. It's a personal thing. I'd rather not talk about it, I just moved here and I don't wanna be seen as the weird kid although my silence has probably already done the job. I'm Richie by the way. Eddie scanned the page and laughed dryly. "Well I guess that's what silence does to ya. You said you're new right?" Richie nodded. "Well I'm headed out to see my friends if you want to come? You don't have to of course but the offer stands." Eddie asked with a sliver of hope. Richie bit his lip while in thought. Then he slowly smiled and nodded yes. Eddie visibly brightened at this and quickly got off the ground. He pulled out his phone and checked his notifications. 6 missed calls from Bev. Bev: where the hell are you Eddie? You're 15 minutes late! Did Bowers get you?? Eddie paled. "SHIT I'm late!" He picked up his abandoned skateboard and turned to Richie. "Dude come on we gotta go- follow me!" And just like that, the start of a probably really clichè friendship was born. Or was it made? Who knows.