A Tozier Family Dinner

"Clarissa right?" Eddie asked a bit nervously. She smiled and nodded. "Yep that's me! Come on in." Clarissa gestured in and Eddie followed inside to the beautiful house that lay inside. Eddie couldn't help but stare at everything in awe. Clarissa took notice of that and giggled. "We have a pretty nice place huh? Come on, Richie's upstairs listening to music." She grabbed his wrist and practically dragged Eddie up the stairs towards Richie's room. Letting go of his wrist, Clarissa knocked on the door. "Hey Rich? You got a friend here to see you, name's Eddie." They waited only a moment before the door opened and Eddie was greeted by a very smiley Richie. Both Clarissa and Eddie were shocked at how happy he looked. Eddie noticed there was no secret emotions hidden in his body language either. Richie was actually just happy. Eddie smiled back. "Hey Richie. I have some good news I wanted to share with you. Can I come in?" Richie nodded, still smiling, and let the door in wider to let Eddie through. Richie sat on the bed and motioned for Eddie to join. Once Eddie sat down, Richie gave him the classic look. The one where he nudged Eddie's shoulder and raised a brow. Eddie's stomach churned at the sight. But in a good way, like when you're riding a really fast rollercoaster. Eddie always loved that feeling. "Okay so long story short, my super annoying, controling, over-worrying about everything mom left! So now it's just me and my dad! This is great news Rich, I know it doesn't sound like it is, but I swear it is." Richie seemed to stare at Eddie in contemplation before smiling and hugging him. Maybe 30 seconds after that Richie had his customary notebook in hand and gave Eddie his message. If she was bad for you, then I'm glad she's gone Eds. You don't deserve negative ass people in your life like that. Eddie read it through and laughed at the sight of the nickname but softened at the end bit. "Thanks Rich, really. You make a pretty good best friend ya know." Eddie nudged Richie's shoulder this time while Richie was over the moon that Eddie considered him his best friend. Richie just shrugged with a small smile on his face. Suddenly, Eddie's face brightened with the light of an idea. "Hey! I have an idea! Let's go out to the diner to celebrate, and we can bring your sister if we need to. How's that sound?" Before Richie could respond, Clarissa's voice came wavering from down the hall. "Someone said something about a diner? I'm all for a diner date! Let's go guys!" Eddie and Richie just looked at each other before exploding into fits of laughter. Right as they were calming down, the boys looked at each other again and completely lost their composure and began laughing again. Finally after awhile, Eddie wiped tears of laughter off his face and began to get up. "Alright, let's go Tozier Gang, we got some food to eat!" And with that, Clarissa, Richie, and Eddie ventured off to have a celebratory family dinner that came rare for all three of them within their own separate families. But that's okay, because Eddie and Richie had each other, and even though Eddie had only met Clarissa that day, she too became part of the little family that had been forming between the other two. Eddie liked having more than one family. Now he had three. His blood family, the Losers, and now the Toziers.