Chapter 12

The next few hours were a living torture for everyone. It was hot and sticky and everyone was too tired to continue fighting, but the battle to had go on, if they wanted to win Thanos.
       Percy wasn't feeling so well as the wound in his stomach was getting worse and the poison started getting in his system, making him very dizzy and he wanted to faint but he knew that if he stopped fighting that very moment, that he wanted to give up, he knew that he would never be able to fight again. He was pretty sure that, that battle against Thanos would be his last fight, but he brought Annabeth back which was why he was working with the Avengers from the first place. The problem was that he didn't want to admit to her that he was dying.
      Percy didn't have riptide with him as the aliens took it from him and they had done some weird things on it. So the weapon that he was currently using was a silver shotgun, the first and last gift Natasha gave to him.
         Instantaneously time froze. Everyone stopped fighting and all the weapons were spreaded on the floor. Nobody was bothered to take them in their hands. Percy didn't know what was but then he saw the worst thing he you could see, His worst nightmare came true. Thanos was holding in his big filled with scars arms the big celestian gold carved gauntlet with a the  six infinity Stones on it. It was over Thanos would win. He would win for a second time but this time, there wouldn't be a way to save everyone.
         "Avengers you lost this battle. This is the end of your kind. It's time for the dark side to take control" Thanos said. A weird silence filled the area "I am inevitable" It was like a black hole opened and they would all get sucked in it any minute. But then the unelectable happened. "And I am Iron Man" Tony Stark said heroicly his last words with tears in his brown eyes and blood all over his fsce and body. Then snapped his fingers and all the aliens 1 by 1 started turning to ashes and their soul went to a dark abyss. Thanos was screaming and  begging for Iron Man's help and his mercy but very soon he she turned to ashes himself. The devil was gone for once and for forever.
            The Avengers won. It was all over now. They could all rest, they could their perfectly normal lives. "Mr Stark? Mr Stark please answer me! Mr Stark I'm sorry. I am so sorry it's entirely my fault. If I haven't gone to space with you when you told me not to, nothing would happen" Peter was crying loudly. Pepper was holding him as he was sobbing. She promised her self that she would take care of her husband's second son.
     It took a moment for Percy to realise what was going on. Tony Stark was dead "No, not him. I am sorry, I am so sorry Mr Stark. I am an idiot he  died thinking that I hated him, that I thought that he was a hyprocrite" Percy was sobbing on Annabeth's shoulder but he decided that weeping wouldn't bring him back. He kneeled  to the hero that left too soon, that died so everyone else could go home. As soon as he kneeled everyone took his example and did exactly the same. A lot of tears fell to the ground.
             Captain Rogers was crying his eyes out as everyone else was looking on the floor. He hated himself that he was fighting constantly with Tony Stark. He hated himself for telling him to come to the mission and leave his home and his family. He hates himself  for making little Morgan Stark grow up with her without her father that she loved so much. He hates himself  for killing the only father figure Harley and Peter ever had and will ever have in the fight. First it was Nat and then it was Tony. But Steve does remember the last thing Tony Stark said to him. It was like he had heard his conversation he and Natasha had. The last thing Tony told him was  'go, find her and be with Peggy. You deserve her and she deserves you.  You owe it to Natasha' more tears on his face. But then Steve realised that he had to use the time machine for one last time.
               Pepper didn't want to cry. She knew that if she cried her playboy, genius, billionaire, philanthropist he would never forgive her. But it was so hard. What would she do without her one and only? What would happen to her, little Morgan and to her other two children that she never asked for? How could she live without him? But there was nothing she could do to bring him back. The only thing she was able to do wad remember all the memories that they made together. Now only remember his voice and smile. She couldnt be strong any longer. She started sobbing as she gave him their very last kiss. She knew that Tony wouldn't want her to cry over his dead body and over the fact that he was dead. She knew that he saved everyone and she was able to rest now but it hurt. So much and the only thing she could do was mourn her dead husband, boss, father of her child, love of her life that loved her so much and did everything for her. Pepper loved him and he loved her back. And now he was forever gone.