25

Jack slid himself down beside her, lifting her head gently.

She stopped jolting around and layed silent, her body heavily fell.

I looked at Jack, who was caressing her, rubbing her bangs out of her eyes with his index finger.

"Is she okay?" I asked softly, holding my arm.

He glanced up at me, the hatred of one with a dark past glaring up at me with such intensity my breath retreated from my lungs.

"She'll be okay. "

"What was that?"

He loudly exhaled,"She has attacks sometimes when she's scared or upset."

"Ah.. is she going to be alright?"

Jack's tone softened as he looked back at her,"Yeah, I think so. Just need to get her home."

I thought to myself for a second.."You guys have houses here?"

Jack cocked and eyebrow and looked at me if I was the stupidest person alive-well dead.

"Of course. Sure we arnt living, but we still eat and sleep like a live person would. We live with them."

"What do you eat?"

"Energy."

"Oh.." I slid off into silence.

A hamburger would be good.. I remember I loved the taste, I just dont remeber it fondly.

Jack picked Ivory up and stood, looking at me,"Are you coming or what cross breed?"

I half mooned my eyes,"I have a name."

"Whatever, Are you coming or not?"

"Sure I guess, why not?"

I walked up to Jack, but I kept my distance. Jack reminded me of Keno, Strong, but he has a sensitive side.

"Get to close and I'll cut." He warned.

"Note taken."

We walked for a while in almost complete darkness except for the comfort of a few street lights that let out a dark yellow glow.

He layed Ivory down on a bench, and I questioned him.

Jack ran his fingers around on his jeans, searching for the pockets. He grabbed a pack of cigarettes and pulled one out. A lighter as a chaser and he lit it. Red embers glowed in the blackness around us and smoke met my nose.

I wiffed the smell away.

"Want one Cross b-"

"Kota. My name is Kota. You know I have a name you've used it before."

"Want one?"

"No, I'm good."

"Try it." He took his cigarette out of his lips and put it in my direction.

"I dont smoke."

"You look tired, this'll wake you up. Try it."

"Im fine."

"Just try it damn it."

I looked at him but he wasn't blinking at all. He was serious.

"I don't want it."

He angrily looked at me.

I took the cigarette from his hands and looked at it before placing it against my lips.

I took a drag. The smoke was bitter, warm and thick as it entered my mouth, and shortly after, into my lungs. The feeling made my lungs itch and burn. I coughed letting out all the smoke in large circular clouds that rolled up and into the sky.