Chapter 14 abyss

im falling in a dark pit, not anything Im used to, just a pit.

A pit of black, a pit of night, a pit to far for the rays of light I fall in deeper, and as I go the flames and fire turn to snow.

They wisp and flair and never prevail the deeper in you fall..

I hit the dense mound of snow, covered, quiet and cold, the weather around me silent yet deadly. I lift myself up, getting the courage to look around.

As im breathing, puffs of smoke leave from my mouth. I jolt into a day dream. A day of sudden blackness then an old film rolls.

"Look Kota!" The man in the film urged.

"What dad?" It was me, I remeber how I looked as a child all to well. A missing front tooth, trimmed hair and the prettiest eyes on ever did see the color of the frightened sea.

"I'm smoking without cigarettes see!" He blew out a breath of steam.

My eyes sparked.

"Woaaah!!!" And I to began to try it. I would bounce and jump as high as I could, hoping that the smoke could float to the sky to see mom, who had died just last year two days before my 6th birthday.

He laughed hardy and well rounded, but wasn't fat. He barely had any skin on his bones! ...just like me.

We passed a store, and I jumped to his side pulling at his sleaves.

"Can we go in? Can we can we can we??"

"No Kota, you must never go into that store." He said sternly.

"But why?" I asked.. a frump as clear as day break on my face.

"They must never know what you are. And if they did-" he paused looking unassured.

"They wouldnt understand. People are afraid of what they do not know my dear boy. remember that."

He looked at me in a kind way that showed fear. The silvers in his eyes bolded the black.. the grey in his hair, and his eyes, oh, and his jacket... but everything else in this film was black or white.. not much deffinition from thing to thing.. but just enough..

I sighed. I couldnt ever understand "Big kid stuff" as my dad said it.

"son, your a vampyre." He started. "to people your only a fairy tail... Were only a fairy tail."

A woman called out, "Hey j-"

The tape burned and I snapped out of it, laughing.

I lifted myself to a stand and started walking, knee deep in snow, shuffling a long.

I turned my head to the side barely visable from all the flurries spiraling down from the ground to snow on the ground, spilling out from the skies above, was a small tavern.

Shivering I began to walk to it.

What was this place?

I finally reached it, and it was the one from the flash back film. I touched the door, but a voice struck me back.

Stern and cold it said "No. you must never go in there Kota!"

But i wanted to, it was so cold outside and probably warmer inside...

I opened the door and looked inside.

It was warmer, but I felt cold stab at my fingers and toes.

closing the door quickly behind me I turn to look more.

A chair with rope hanging off and arm restraints infront of a table with doctoring tools and a low hanging light over it.