chapter 3 school

Mondays. I hate mondays. I think to myself as we walk to school and i quiclky put on sunblock, then spray myself heavily with Axe, its the new kind, they call it Living dangerously, and the smell of it is like cinnamon, spicy cinnamon. I look over at Keno who has his headphones in and I roll my eyes.

I glance to the other side of the road, it's thick with forestry. It's an adventure on its own in there... anyways, thats what i've been told.. I haven't ever actually gone into the woods before... I continued to look in to the woods, its so...interesting... So... magesti- I get cut off in half though.

"Hey bimbo watch where you're going! You were starting to walk acrossed the street, and if you haven't noticed, there's traffic ya moron! Do you Have a death wish or somethin'?"

I look over at him, and it finally sunk in, I was walking acrossed the street? Scence when??

"Oh sorry..." I walk back on the sidewalk. An uneasy feeling overcomes me. If I did that, without noticing, imagine what else could happen... I look back into the woods. Why is there such a magnetic pull?

" 'Ey, earth to Kota! " He said waiving his hand infront of my face. "Earth to major moron, do you read major moron? Over."

I pushed his hand out of my face. And look back into the woods. Something moves and I hear the breaking of a branch or large twig snap under pressure.

Eh, probably nothing. . .

I look straight ahead. A large building with a brick exterior and a black roof. School. Finally here. We turn on the sidewalk way that goes into the evil place we call... school.

"Good luck twerp. " Keno looked over at me smiling a toothy smile he rarely ever shows.

"Thanks?" He's awfully happy.. it's kinda... sweet. I like it. I smile back.

"Oh, talk to me while were here and i'll punch your block off and run you over with a semi while I let rabid prairie dogs tear off your ball sack." He said in a happy voice with a smile wide. (Ow?!?!?!?!)

The smile quickly wipes off my face. Annnd moment ruined.

"Awesome. " I say to Keno unenthusiasticly as I push in the double doors.

The temperature inside the school is almost perfect, 72·f I look around, the tiles are a sage green with black splatter designed into it, and the walls are the same way with numbers over every door painted red. the lighting is medium, and there's only one camera I've seen so far... that was outside the double doors..

"Wonderful." I sighed to myself.

I walked to the office, needing to get my schedule and locker combination.

A friendly lady, with warm eyes and a snow white smile greeted me. "Hello, can I help you?"

No I lost my mind a while ago. Sorry. "Yeah, can I get my schedule?"

"Sure hun, what's your name?"

I cleared my throat, "Kota Clearwater. "

"Can you pronounce your name for me?"

"Co- tuh"

She swifly types in something on her computer, "Clearwater, Kota, 10th grade, soul security number 875690255473882787, gender male?" She looked up sweetly.

"Yeah that's me."

She printed out a small sheet of paper and handed it to me.

"Thanks." I said sheepishly while grabbing the paper.

All right, lets see what we have here...

1st hr. grumple, anna, physics room 10

2nd hr. Holland, jax, physical education room 11

3rd hr. blackenthorn, ivory, trigonometry room 3

4th hr. jackson, janiss,Economics room 4

5ht hr. Johnson, Adam, Art room 2

6th hr. plaidcliff, Patrick, study hall room 1

7th hr. room 6

8th hr. (home room) phych, karma room 9

I look back through my list confused.

huh? Wait who's my 7th hr teacher?