Chapter 12

The school bell rung, announcing that it was time for lunch

The school bell rung, announcing that it was time for lunch. Everyone poured out of their classrooms and made their way to their usual lunch spots.

Liliana was walking down the corridor when she saw Candice. She strolled over to the girl, smiling kindly.

"Can I help you?" Candice spat

"I need to speak to your family" Liliana stated

"Why?" Candice asked

"It's about Jordan" Liliana confessed

"You can come over after school but my family aren't exactly nice people" Candice admitted

"Thanks" Liliana said "I'll meet you at the gates after school"

Liliana walked away from her classmate. Her eyes rove around the canteen as she walked up to where Kaneez was serving food. She grabbed a tray and placed the food on it, smiling at the woman.

Liliana sat alone at one of the tables. She picked at her food, frowning slightly. She could feel eyes on her as she tried to ignore the obvious staring.

She watched in confusion as a Dan sat in front of her, smiling brightly. She stared at him, waiting for him to talk.

"Are you free this weekend?" Dan asked

"Should be" Liliana shrugged

"Do you wanna go out?" He asked "We can go to the cinema"

"Like a date?" She clarified

"Yeah, I guess so" Dan nodded "I know Cory upset you and I wouldn't mind being your rebound"

"I'd love that" She smiled

Dan grinned at the brunette and walked away, back to the table where all his friends were. He smiled and sat down, pulling his lunch from out of his bag.

"What was that about?" Cory asked with a frown

"Me and Liliana are going on a date this weekend" Dan stated "I'm gonna get her to come back to my place after, see if I can get lucky"

Cory stood up, storming away from the table with a frown. He glanced over at Liliana but she was too busy on her phone to notice him.

Cory walked along the corridor and slammed his fist into a locker. The sound of the collision echoed down the corridor, making people snap their heads towards him.

Cory was stopped by Candice standing in front of him, staring at him. He glanced down at her and tired to walk past her but she stopped him with her arm.

"Liliana's coming to my house tonight" She said

"Good for her" He scoffed

"She wants to speak to my cousins" Candice stated

"Right, hope she has fun with that" Cory said

"She's doing it for Jordan" She said "Cory, I need you to stop her"

"I'm not in charge of her, i've got my own problems to sort"

The girl glared at Cory and pushed past him, shoving him with her shoulder. He rolled his eyes only listening when she muttered the sentence that cut deep inside of him.

"I thought you cared about her"