Chapter 47

Liliana had only been home for an hour or so when a knock at the door made her rush downstairs

Liliana had only been home for an hour or so when a knock at the door made her rush downstairs. She swung it open to reveal Miss Carter, with a smile on her face.

She walked back into the living room, watching as Miss Carter sat down and then doing the same.

"I've been told you're not coping too well" The teacher said sadly

"I guess" Liliana shrugged

"Miss Oakes said the two of you were having serious conflict" Miss Carter raised an eyebrow

"I just don't like her" Liliana said

"You need to try, Liliana" Miss Carter stated "I can't help if you don't try"

Liliana frowned, pulling a piece of thread from the cushions as she exhaled deeply, biting her lip.

"Do you miss her?" Liliana asked "Missy, do you miss Missy?"

"Sometimes" Miss Carter shrugged "Missy wouldn't want you to be acting like this, she'd want the old you back"

"The old me?" Liliana questioned

"The one who worked hard, joked around and got along with everyone" Miss Carter said

"Miss?" Liliana turned her head "If I go and repack my bag, will you drop me off at school?"

"Of course" Miss Carter nodded.

"Liliana" Miss Carter said, making the girl turn towards her with a small smile

"Yes, Miss" Liliana replied

"You're going to get the grades to go to cambridge, and you're going to be so proud of yourself for doing so" Miss Carter smiled gently

Liliana grinned, rubbing upstairs and throwing her books into her bag. She walked over to her drawers, grabbing the framed photo of her and Missy as she smiled down at it.

"I'm doing this for you"

-

Liliana jumped out of the car, waving a quick goodbye to the teacher as she walked towards the school building, inhaling a deep breath and holding her head high.

She walked in, knocking on Miss Oake's door with a small smile. She waited until the teacher opened it, staring at the girl in confusion.

"Miss Oakes, i'm sorry for the way I acted before. Missy wouldn't want me to be a bitch, she'd want me to be my goofy self" Liliana said with a nod "I just wanted to say i'm sorry"

"Interesting choice of language" Miss Oakes smirked "But okay, thank you"

Liliana smiled gently, turning her body and racing up the stairs towards her English lesson.

She swung the door open, walking inside and sitting down opposite Naveed. The boy shot her a smile, making her send him a wink as she giggled, copying down the notes into her book and involving herself into the lesson, just like she usually would.