Chapter 46

Liliana felt her heart drop to her stomach as she sat in the assembly hall, listening to Miss Oakes talk about the 'Parent's Evening'

Liliana felt her heart drop to her stomach as she sat in the assembly hall, listening to Miss Oakes talk about the 'Parent's Evening'. Liliana grumbled, thinking of excuses she could use to get out of the evening.

The students began to leave the hall in single file, chattering amongst themselves. Miss Oakes stood at the door, watching everyone leave and make their way back to lessons.

"Liliana, will your parents be coming?" Miss Oakes asked

"I don't think so" Liliana shook her head

"Why not?" Miss Oakes asked

"Mum has work" Liliana shrugged

"And your dad?" Miss Oakes encouraged

"Walked out a long time ago" Liliana stated "Is that all, Miss?

"Someone has to come tonight" Miss Oakes stated "I need to speak to a parent"

Liliana rolled her eyes, walking away from the teacher and towards her PE lesson. She walked into the changing room, switching her normal school uniform for her PE kit.

As phones were banned in school, Liliana uses the time for changing as the time to check her phone. She reached and pulled it out of her bag, frowning when she saw there weren't any new texts from her mother.

She threw her phone back in her bag and made her way outside, walking towards where her fellow classmates were all stood, jogging on the sport to keep warm.

"As you can see, you are joined by the year below you!" Mr Simpson shouted

Liliana jogged over to Alya, standing beside her as they glared at the younger students, Liliana mostly directed her glare at Chloe.

The girls glanced over at the boys, who were playing Rugby in the middle of the field. They tackled each other, some of them falling to the ground making the girls turn to Mr Simpson, giving him death stares.

"I'm sick of netball" Chloe whined "Why can't we play Rugby?"

"It's not on the syllabus" Mr Simpson stated

"But it's so sexist" Alya said calmly

"Yeah" Liliana nodded in agreement "Girls should be able to play the same sport as the boys"

"Fine, lets go down to the field" Mr Simpson said with a chuckle.

The girls ran down to the field, making the boys smirk as they watched. The boys muttered to each other as the girls stared at Mr Simpson, listening to the instructions the teacher was giving them.

"I'll give you twenty quid the fight breaks out in under five minutes" Riz muttered to Naveed.

Alya threw the ball to Liliana who caught it but was immediately tackled by Chloe who made the girl fall to the floor, landing in a heap.