💎Reunion💎

Daniel put his mom and dad and grandma into a group email since he was too afraid of doing it over text. For some reason, email seemed for more formal and less room for argument. Because who the hell argued over email? His letter stated,

Dear family,

I would like to invite you all for dinner at my house, with my fiance this Sunday. I hope you can leave behind the negative memories from the past few months, for I just would like to reconnect. We would like you all here around 7-7:30 and if the commute is too far we would be more than happy to relocate to a closer destination.

Thank you.

Your son,

Daniel.

He didn't bother to email his brother, Adrian never checked his email and he didn't want his younger brother to experience the shit show this would be. The two brothers were still very close, Adrian had kept Dan's secret of loving boys for years, the pair had nothing against each other. 

Every two hours he had to calm himself down before refreshing his email. He did that 6 times until he finally got a response from his grandma.

Daniel,

I am so happy to hear from you! And oh my goodness, FIANCE? Who is this lucky man? Of course, we will be there for dinner. All of us. I will see if Adrian is free (he's doing soccer again and might have a game) but your mother, father and I will definitely be there! Your location is great, please text me the address, we are more than happy to commute! 

Love you so much,

Grandma.

P.S you need to call me more or else xx

Dan smiled, through the whole burning dumpster fire that was the fight with his parents, he never really had a chance to get his grandmas thought on it. They had been close Dan's whole life and her not accepting him would tear him apart. He was smiling ridiculously huge at his laptop, his grandma would make sure his dad wouldn't say anything obscure.

She still loved him.

.

.

.

For the days leading up that week, Phil made sure Dan was comfortable and sure of everything they did. Even what they were having for dinner, he wanted Dan to feel as relaxed as possible. They thought it would be best if Ant wasn't home for the dinner, Dan didn't want him to experience his parents until he was sure they could behave.

Phil walked into the bedroom on Sunday night, an hour before Dan's family was supposed to be there. Dan was standing in front of their mirror, looking over his outfit and fixing his hair. Phil pulled Dan in from behind, kissing his neck softly.

"Phil," Dan said quietly.

"Yes, love?"

"I'm real scared." He admitted, looking up at his fiance in the mirror.

"That's alright, bub. Can you take a deep breath for me?" Phil asked, releasing the boy's waist. Dan turned around and closed his eyes, listening to Phil count to 3 as he breathed in, then as he counted down from 5 as he exhaled. They did that three times, Phil softly giving him praise. When Dan finally opened his eyes, he wasn't shaking anymore. 

"You're gonna do great, I promise. I'll be here this whole time," Phil smiled, taking Dan's hand in his own and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "If they step out of line, I'll step in, alright? This is our home, don't ever let someone make you feel uncomfortable in your home."