Chapter 3

By the way Sarah's full name is sarabeth,

****************************************************************************

5 Days Later

"Sarah Styles." The nurse read off her name from a clipboard.

She stood up and followed the nurse into a room at the end of the hall.

"The doctor will be with you in a few minutes." The nurse closed the door and left.

She looked around at all the medical tools until the doctor came in.

"Hello Sarah, what seems to be the problem today?" He sat down on one of the spinny chairs facing her.

She told him about the headaches and everything and he made some notes on his clipboard.

He asked some questions and she answered the best he could.

"I'd like to run a few tests just to make sure it's not something really serious, if that's okay with you."

What did he mean by "something serious."

"Okay." She nodded hesitantly.

He took her into a room where she had blood drawn.

"All done, I'll call you when the results are back." She could tell his smile was fake.

"What do you think is wrong with me?" She couldn't help but wonder.

"I'm not sure at the moment."

"But you have an idea, don't you."

He sighed. "I don't want to alarm you, but I think you may have a form of cancer."

She froze and it was like time stopped.

"Like I said, it's just a theory, we'll see when the tests come back."

She nodded her head because she wasn't able to speak then turned and left. That night she prayed to God it wasn't cancer.

************************************************************************************

The next week felt like years. She constanly checked her phone for the doctors call. Even Harry sensed something was wrong when she talked to him on the phone that night. Since then she only texted him. Finally the doctor called and she rushed to answer it.

"Hello?" She said nervously.

There was a pause on the other side.

"Mrs. Styles, I would like you to come in tommorow at four so we can talk." Dr. Derek's voice was low and harsh.

"Okay. She gulped

He hung up the phone without another word. Tommorow at four she would find out if she had cancer or not. That's when she remembered Harry was coming home at three.

***********************************************************************************************

2:45 The Next Day

She heard a knock at the door and sprinted to the door. She yanked open the door and Harry pulled her into a hug.

"I missed you so much!" He kissed the top of her head.

"Daddy!" All four kids came running down the stairs towards them. Sarah backed away so they could hug him.

"I missed you guys! And I brought presents!" He held up a bag."

He always got them presents when he was away for a while. Maybe it was to make up for being gone, but she would rather have him there than a present, but it was the thought that counted.