Chapter Four- Grizzly

Chapter 4- Grizzly

Chapter 4- Grizzly

I woke up disoriented, which was sadly becoming a new reality. My head was pounding against my skull and the incessant sound of birds chirping only made it worse.

By the time I managed to open my eyes amidst the searing pain, I could already tell I was outside. I was leaning on a tree trunk covered in soft moss. Surrounding me on all sides was the shadows of tall oak trees.

Something about this wooded area was different from the others. I did not feel in any danger and the atmosphere was inviting. The woods in the part reincarnations were dark and dreary while this was light and gave off a feeling of warmth.

Perhaps this may be the time I break out of this spell once and for all.

Standing up I was able to see more of the area. My initial assumption was correct, I was in the woods. Not too far off in the distance was a collection of large rectangular stones facing each other in a circle.

My vision was obscured by something small darting past my eye. There was a blue and purple hue to it and it moved just as fast. It moved into my line of sight and was gone just as quickly.

I could see this purple glowing orb moving and I was instantly drawn to it. While I would normally try to explore and figure out what was going on, although it did me no help, I started to follow it.

The edges darted out and it looked like a wisp of light. Something told me to catch it, and the thought devoured my mind

I found myself running after it at an alarming pace for having just woken up. My eyes glued to the wisp, never once looking down or averting my gaze. It was a miracle I hadn't fallen over.

Of course the one time I'm not running for my life I don't trip.

My speed slowly increased as my intrigue propelled my legs forward. I was almost able to catch it, just a few more steps. We were approaching a lake, and I was just close enough to reach out and touch it.

My fingertips just barely brushed against the end before it was sharply pulled away from me.

My momentum had not stopped and I was propelled forward into the water. Over my head I could see the shadow of the wisp passing me by.

I was thankfully in the shallow end and was able to pull myself out quickly. I tried to wring the water out of my clothes and sat on a large rock waiting for the sun to dry me off.

It was uncomfortable sitting in a wet dress, the long sleeves doing nothing now to provide warmth. I sighed realizing I had more time to piece together what little information I knew about the curse. This always left me with more questions than answers.

I ran a hand through my hair, and was surprised to not be able to get it out. My hand was stuck in the thick and tangled curls of this woman's hair. I leaned down to look at my reflection to see how I could fix this.