Chapter Ten- Tundra

Chapter 10-Tundra

Chapter 10-Tundra

I wake up shivering, my body frozen to the core. I had trouble opening my eyes because it was so frigid. It took a few tries, but I managed to get them open.

It was no wonder my fingers felt like they were about to fall off, I was in a room made entirely of ice! I wondered how this could be possible and the only logical explanation was magic.

Was this a cruel form of torture, slowly freezing me to death?

I was clad in a light blue dress peeking out from a dark sapphire velvet cloak, both of which were minimal in providing warmth. My hair was pulled away from my face, in a tight braid from what I could feel. My fingers had lost some of their feeling.

I stood up carefully on shaky legs and still almost managed to slip and break my neck. I walked and semi-glided around the room to get my bearings. I was drawn to a small window and nearly tripped over my feet at what I saw.

This wasn't just a room made of ice, but an entire castle. I was surrounded by fields of snow and standing too high for comfort.

Seeing the intensity and intricacy of the castle only strengthened my resolve that this was conjured by magic. An entire castle constructed of ice without melting is not natural. This was an anomaly and the amount of magic needed to create something this large was one to be feared.

Staying here was the last thing I wanted to do, a few more minutes and I will be a frozen block of ice, an added piece of decor to this barren castle.

I find a staircase and rush cautiously as fast as I could go on steps made of ice and heeled shoes. If it wasn't for my death grip railing, I would have fallen much sooner.

Once I made it outside, there was another staircase to tackle. Of course. I sighed, hiking up my dress and beginning my descent.

I had to stop a few times to pull my cloak tighter around me. It was somehow even colder on the outside, and I happened to be caught in the middle of an ice storm.

There was no one in the castle or around the vicinity from what I could deduce. It made me question just who made this storm and the castle.

From the outside, I could see the exceptionalism of the castle, there was certainly nothing like it.

But I also knew what caused it was not as appealing.

Magic had a way of causing things that seem beautiful and those that are downright destructive, like the curse I was trapped in.

The further I got from the castle and onto solid ground, its appearance began to change. What was once an exquisite feat was now equally daunting and intimidating. Perhaps there was a reason no one else was near.

Whatever the case, I was glad I managed to find an escape.

And now I had to decide where to go from here. I squared my shoulders and continued walking in the same general direction away from the castle.