Chapter Twenty Seven- Close Your Eyes

Chapter 27- Close your Eyes

I closed my eyes, willing all of the craziness of reality to wash away. When I opened my eyes, I was no longer stuck in a cell. It made me wonder if I secretly had powers.

I was in a void, surrounded by darkness. I reached out, my hand grasping onto nothingness. From the nothingness suddenly emerged women in dark cloaks crouched in a circle around me. They stood in unison and I was finally able to see their faces.

I recognized them instantly, how could I forget? I was all these women, just for a day. I wished I was able to put a name to each face, but unfortunately I was not graced with the knowledge of their namesake.

I owed them so much, and not knowing whether they were real or what happened to them after I left haunts me.

My dream incarnations enveloped me. "Escape." They whispered in the same shrouded voice. "Do not trust what the prince says." It was then their purpose became clear to me, they were here in warning.

"I tried escaping." I began to explain. "But I was caught." I hoped they would understand, I tried my best to break free. "I know not to trust Andres but I've reached the end of my line. He is going to force me to marry him with or without the use of force."

"I don't have a choice." I said in defeat.

"You always have a choice." Ella stepped forward.

"The others understood that too." Ping continued. "That is what forced their hands."

"Andres killed those other women."Aurora spoke. For some reason I was not surprised, I feared this was the truth.

"He held balls to find his future queen." The woman with the ruby red lips told me.

"He charmed them with a dance and showing affection." The woman from the swamp with dark coiled curly hair. Her comment stung. I was no different than the rest of these women, so what gave me a chance in surviving past this?

"Once the spell of novelty wore off him, they did not want to stay." The ice queen conveyed.

"They saw him for the man he is." Said the woman with the long blonde locks that pooled around her feet.

"Aggressive." Said the wild redhead. "Controlling." She continued.

"He threatened to leave them in the dungeon." Said Jasmine.

"But one day he went too far." Anya spoke.

"He resorted to charming the women with magic to limit their free will." Ariel said.

"But the girls found their escape in death." The tall woman with sleek black hair said. I recognized her from the dream in which the tree killed me.

"Let it be clear, while he was not the one to physically end their lives, he was the reason for it." Spoke a woman with dark brown hair and kind brown eyes.