CANDOR || zutter

It's going slow. I'm sorry :/

I come to a complete stop as I enter the loud arena

I come to a complete stop as I enter the loud arena. The cheering of all the spectators go deaf to me as I focus solely on my breathing, slowly it down to balance my dizzy vision.

I came in fourth. It's not bad.

I think I'm lucky that I was even able to keep up with those boys. With stamina like mine, I expected not to last as long as I did.

"Abe!" I turn to the call of my name and wave happily to Uraraka. She ran up to me, panting. "I saw you do some flips earlier. I didn't know you could do that!"

I rub the back of my head. "Well, I don't like to tell people about my tumbling because I'd rather not have all that attention on me. I only use it if I absolutely need it or if it'll benefit me."

"That's so cool! You must be really flexibly."

I shrug. "It's whatever. But great job on finishing the race!"

I bring Uraraka in a hug as she laughs. "You too! You did amazing!"

We let go and I bump her with my hip. "You should go congratulate Izuchan~"

A blush forms on her cheeks as she bashfully plays with her fingers. "You think?"

"For sure!" I pat her shoulders and push her slightly. "Go for it."

"O-Okay!" I wave her away, watching her happily accompany Midoriya. I giggle as my childhood best friend tries to hide his embarrassment by cowering behind his arms.

I hold my wrist and take a deep breath. This is only the beginning. I can't get ahead of myself.

。。。

I take my place next in between Kaminari and Kirishima, listening to Midnight's next instructions.

"The second round of the U.A sports festival first-year stage is a cavalry battle with the top 42 from the qualifier! Those at the top will suffer more," she says. "You'll hear this many times as you attend U.A. This is what 'Plus Ultra' means!"

"Midoriya Izuku, who placed first in the qualifier, is worth ten million points!" The rated-R hero points her whip at Midoriya.

Holy crap, that's a lot of points..!

My eyes widen at the shocking announcement. All I could think about is the large amount of points that now weighs on Midoriya's shoulders. I peak at him and look away quickly.

My eyes run over the board with everyone else's points. I spot my name immediately and let a breath out in relief. My points are only 195. Thank goodness it's not as much as ten million.