ii. another shot at love

—

Three years later, still no signs of him. She waited for him to show up and say that all he wanted was her. Brian kept his mouth closed every time, she would ask about him, she understood but she wanted to know if he was better without her.

She always knew why Brian never invited her to his place, cause he was living with him...something that she may never have the chance to do with him again. When Brian would come at hers and she would hug him, she was hit by a wave of a familiar perfume, that was how she knew.

Leaving him was the hardest thing to do, even after three years. If she could, she would jump in the past and stand for herself that night, where he blamed everything on her and she would beg him to talk with her because what better than communication?

Sometimes, she would see him in her dreams. He would hug her tightly and comfort her. But it happened to see him in her darkest nightmares, the same scene would play on repeat. Him walking away from that damn hospital, walking away from her, walking away from them.

She focused herself on work so she could move on. She tried to. She went to multiple date but nothing changed but he was still the one in the back of her mind.

Lately, she met someone who would maybe change things. Tall, brunet, green eyes and great smile. The more she thought, the more he looked like Shawn. His personality was something new to her and she wasn't ready for it.

"You can do this." She whispered, tears streaming down her perfect skin now marked by him.

Some girls were putting makeup on to look pretty or to look more confident but all she wanted to do was hide those marks on her neck, she felt ashamed, he laid his hands on her. Her neck who used to be coated by loves bites, were now full of blue/purple spots, making her sick.

His touch felt good before...now every time he would walk by her, she would flinch hoping he wouldn't touch her.

Her eyes gazed her purple neck while her fingers slowly went on it and touched slightly, she winced at the pain and closed her eyes.

"What did I do to deserve that?" She murmured to herself, biting her lower lip to hide her sobs.

She deserved so much better, she knew it. But, she couldn't run away like this. All she had to do was going downstairs and offering her greatest smile to everyone.

She closed her eyes and inhaled, relaxing a little. Marks were now fully hidden thanks to all the makeup, she put on her dress and went downstairs, meeting multiple people.

Two arms went around her waist as she lightly jump, his strong cologne hit her nose earning a frown from her and shaky hands.

He laid his lips on her cheek as she shut her eyes, letting him do. "You look perfect tonight." He whispered in her ear.

She smiled at him. "Thank you. You do too." She quickly answered wanting him to go. "I should go say hello to Nina."

He hummed, unwrapping his two arms and watching her go to her friend. "Hey Nina." She smiled at her.

Nina turned around and hugged her tightly. "Phoebe! How are you?" She queried.

"I've been better." She whispered, afraid to break down. She could feel his burning gaze on her.

Nina sighed. "What's happening?" She asked eyeing her.

She was about to talk but he grabbed her hand and led her in their room. As soon as they stepped in the room, her back hit the cold wall as his body pressed against her, his hot breath on her face as his finger caressed her face.

"Don't you dare saying to anyone what I did to you." He said. "Got it?" He smashed his fit against the wall, right next to her face.

She nodded quickly, hoping he would go away. "Use your words, baby." He spoke in a hushed tone.

"Yes, I understand." She uttered under her breath. "I won't talk to anybody about it."

He chuckled and pressed his lips against hers, she kissed back while all she wanted to do was push him away but he was stronger.

"You can go back downstairs." He muttered as she nodded and rushed downstairs.

She really thought, she could have another shot at love.

I keep hurting Phoebe. I'm so sorry😔

But I love you all guys and thank you.

Sorry for the mistakes.