xvi. promise me to love me

—

"Shawn!" She giggled, walking in the apartment.

He followed behind, trying to walk correctly. After Brian and Poppy announced that they were engaged, the ex couple couldn't stop drinking. They ended up, taking a taxi back to her place instead of driving back home.

"Oh my god, sorry!" He laughed, tripping over the carpet. "I can't walk correctly."

"Me too." She exclaimed, walking to the bedroom. "You should stay here." She mumbled drunkly.

He hummed. "You sure?" She nodded slipping of her shoes. "Where am I sleeping?"

"On the couch?" She spoke, making Shawn nods. "You okay with that?" She queried.

"M'of course." He mumbled sleepily. "Good night, baby."

She smiled, falling on the bed. "Night, Shawn."

Soon Shawn was out of her side, she took of her dress leaving her in underwear. She grabbed Shawn's hoodie on her desk and slipped it on, and, went back to the bed.

"Fuck..." She said, standing up again. "Shawn?" She called out for him, and, waited. Minutes later, a shirtless Shawn walked in, eyes almost closed, hardly standing up.

"What?" He asked, trying to open his eyes.

She sighed. "Sleep with me? I don't think I can sleep alone." She said. "I feel like a storm is coming..."

Shawn laughed. "What? You feel it in your breasts like in Mean Girl?" He joked, going under the sheets and moved closer.

"Mmh, I think." She giggled, tangling her legs with Shawn's. "I love you."

A sleepily smile crept on his face. "Love you more, baby." He told her.

She hummed. "Where's my kiss?" She asked, still drunk. "Uh? My kiss?"

"You want it now?" He queried, hand on her neck, thumb brushed against her cheek . She nodded, pouting her lips. "Okay."

He moved his face closer to hers, as, she tilted her head so he could have a better access to her lips. They came in contact with hers, as she inhaled sharply letting her hands move behind his neck so she could bring him closer. Shawn ended up pulling away to catch his breath.

"That was a kiss.." She breathed out.

Shawn giggled, brushing his nose against hers. "It was." He murmured. "Are you tired? Cause I'm not." He added, making her smile.

"Am not." She replied. "Why?"

He cleared his throat, playing with her hair. "Maybe we could stay up and have a late night talk?" He proposed.

She sat up correctly and moved between Shawn's leg, her head rested on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her.

"We definitely could." She replied. "It's been a long time since we didn't have our little talk."

Shawn hummed. "I'm pretty sure every couple does that."

"Yeah, but we are not every couple Shawn. We are something else." She added, making him grins.

"Probably." He told her, brushing his fingers through her hair. "So, what are we doing?"

She lightly frowned, and, looked up. "What do you mean?"

"Us." He spoke. "What are we?"

She shrugged. "What do you want to be?" She teased.

"You know it, Phoebs."

She nodded, agreeing. "You're right. I know. But, I want to hear it."

A short sigh escaped his lips. "I want to wake up by your side, I want to make you the mother of my children, I want to be by your side until your hair are grey and you can't walk properly and, our children will come home with their own and they will call us grandpa and grandma."

She smiled softly. "That sounds like a good plan." She told him. "A really good one."

"Right?" Shawn said. "So, the real question is are you in?"

She shrugged. "Do you want me to?"

"Of course." He scoffed. "I want you and only you."

She smiled softly, and, kissed my chin. "Guess I'm in." She whispered sweetly.

His eyes widened. "You are?" He beamed.

"At one condition." She said. "Promise me, to love me."

"I promise, Phoebe." He talked.

She moved, and, sat in front of him. "I'm serious, Shawn!" She said as he grabbed her hands. "I'm 100% in your plan but, it's serious this time. We are not messing around."

He nodded. "I promise, I'm not. I want it to be serious."

"When we are about to fight, we just sit down and talk, okay? No need to yell or to say horrible things, alright?" She told him, earning a nod.

Shawn smiled. "So, do I get to call you mine, now?" He asked, leaning in.

She brushed their lips, before pressing them. "You do." She whispered against them. "Don't fuck me over, alright?"

He pecked her lips again. "I won't. I promise."

"I finally trust you again, and, I don't want to let you go." She said, rubbing his cheek.

He closed his eyes. "I guess, I found you at the right moment and we can have our happy ending?"

She giggled, humming. "You found me at the right moment, and, I'm grateful." She replied.

"I love you."

She giggled. "I love you." She replied, laying down and pulling the sheets over her head.

"Goodnight, I guess?" He chuckled kissing her head.

"Mmh, goodnight."

YO! I wanna cry. This is so cute